Chapter 20

RACHEL POV

Nate bid me goodnight and went to the guest room.

Hi Rachel -Zack

Hola! -James

HELLO FELLOW HUMAN!- Keith

Hey Rachel -Kevin

I read the messages that started to come into my phone and shook my head. They really thought I was going to reply after what they did? 

Don't ignore us -Keith

FRIEND REPLYYYY -James

are you dead? If you are, can I wear orange at your funeral? -Zack

Princess, you there? -Kevin

Really Kevin? Princess? I feel bad for you Rachel, that goon has been calling you princess this whole time -Keith

Fuck off Keith it's cute -James

Kevin and Rachel sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g -Zack

I glared at my phone as the barrage of texts continued to rain down. Do these nincompoops not have anything else to do?

Rachel, like it or not we are dragging you to eat with us at lunch tomorrow -James

And we are all going to be at that tutoring session -Keith

I put my phone on silent so I could ignore the boys and go to sleep.

KEVIN POV

I woke up that Tuesday, excited but nervous. I can try to talk sense into rachel, but she might try to kill me. Or she might get someone else to, because let's be real she is way to nice and innocent.

"Kevin, hurry up! You are gonna be late," Brandon yelled.

"Fuck off," I shouted. I flopped back into my bed and covered my head with my pillow. Screw it, I can go to school tomorrow.

"Watch your language!" My dad yelled.

"I'm not feeling well," I shouted back. Maybe they would let me skip school.

"Nice try Kevin. Get ready, unless you want me to drive it to school," my mom said. I rolled out of my bed and got dressed. Hell no was my mom driving me to school.

RACHEL POV

I woke up to my alarm and hit the snooze button.

"Rachel, get up. I'm driving you today," Nate yelled. He opened the door and jumped on my bed. " Get up lazy bum! It's a bright and early Tuesday! "

"Nate go away," I said, my blanket muffling my voice.

"You have 5 minutes to get your ass out of bed before I pour water on your head," Nate threatened. He left my room and came back with  a jug of water. He sloshed the water a bit to show that he was serious and I tumbled out of bed.

"Throw water on me and I swear I will..."

"Do what? Rach, you are as dangerous as a bowtruckle," Nate laughed.

"Meanie," I huffed. I stood up and pushed him out of the room.

"Hurry up," Nate muttered as I shut the door. I got ready and threw some clothes on. 

"Rachel, I made pancakes," my mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I stumbled out of my door and went down the stairs to be greeted by my parents and Nate.

"Eat up," my mom said handing me a plate that had 2 fluffy pancakes. I dug into the breakfast along with the rest of my family and tried to forget that I had to tutor an imbecile today.

"So Rachel, how was that dinner last night?" My mom asked.

"It was good. His parents are really nice, and the food was good," I answered. I picked up my now empty plate and took it to the sink.

"Well that's good," my dad said.

"I'm picking you up from tutoring today so we can visit Aiden," Nate said. He picked up his plate and put it in the sink.

"Okay. Let's go, or we are gong to be late," I muttered. I grabbed my bad and walked to the car with Nate.

"So Rach-" Nate started before I interrupted him.

"Why did you take my phone?"

"Well, according to your parents, you told them it was broken," Nate answered.

"Stop avoiding the question. You took my phone. Why?"

"Rachel," Nate started.He was staring at the road ahead, as if he was stuck. "I can't really tell you why, it's not my place to do that-"

"Not your place to do that? You took it! You can't even give a reason, as to why?" I yelled.

"Rachel, all I can tell you is that it was for a good reason."

"And how do you know Kevin, Keith, Zack and James?" I shot at my cousin.

"We work together. Look Rachel, I promise you will get answers, but now is not the time," Nate answered. He pulled into the school parking lot and slid into a spot.

"Fine then. I'll see you after school," I growled. I got out of the car, slammed the door and walked into our crowded school. This was not over.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello!!!! So sorry for slow updates, but thank you all for the support. Thanks for getting me to 8K! Less than a week ago, on saturday we were at 7K! Thank you all so much! AND WE REACHED 400 VOTES!!!!!!!!

Tell me what you think of this chapter! If you liked it, please consider leaving a vote!

-anubluey