Chapter 39

I felt my self being lifted off the ground and voices were around me. I could hear voices, but my eyes would by open. I couldn't move.

"Get her into the car before they realize."

"Hurry up."

I was placed into a car and heard the engine start.

"Jeez, she is light."

"Just drive Jason"

3 voices. That's how many I had heard so far. The car was then silent and they were just driving. I wasn't sure how long they were driving, but I was able to open my eyes again. I slowly opened them and tried to look around. I was laying down in what looked like the trunk row of a car. There was no window, but they were kind enough to put a small light in there with me. I tried to look around, but all I saw was a bag near my feet.

"Dude turn this song up."

"It's Taylor Swift."

"Yes. That's why I said turn it up."

"If I didn't know you I would think you are gay," one of the three laughed. The volume of the music increased and someone started singing 'Love Story.' The other two voices joined in, and soon enough all three boys were singing at the top of their lungs.

I thought back to what Aiden had told me 3 years ago when I was a freshman.

FLASHBACK

"Aiden nothing is gonna happen if I was to the park alone," I laughed.

"You don't know that Rach. There are a lot of crazy people out there," he said pulling his shoes on.

"Aiden you are being paranoid, " I said.

"Alright what would you do if one of those psychos kidnapped you?"

"Why would I be kidnapped?" I asked.

"You are literally one of the easiest targets. You are small, pretty and look pretty weak."

" I am not weak, " I pouted.

"You didn't answer my question. What would you do if you were kidnapped," he said again.

" Scream? "

"That's one thing. One other thing if you are held in a trunk, kick one of the tail lights. Your foot will stick out of the car. The people driving won't see it, but people behind you will," Aiden instructed.

END OF FLASHBACK

I moved my right foot until it reached the corner of the truck. Around there, the taillight should be there. I moved my foot a little more until it was in a crack, and was at the closest point to the light. I breathed in slowly, focused and kicked. I kept kicking. Luckily none of the three boys could hear me because they were to busy singing random songs that came on the radio. At that moment they were singing 'call me maybe.'

After a few minutes I heard the sound of something break and I felt wind hit my foot. I had done it. I managed to break a taillight. I kept my foot sticking out, praying that someone saw it.

"How do you think the girl is doing back there?"

"Shouldn't she still be knocked out? "

"Yeah the sedative is supposed to last long enough to get her to base. "

"Then she should be doing fine."

My foot had been dangling for at least 12 minutes because 4 more songs had played through. 12 minutes should've been long enough for someone to see my foot. I pulled my foot back into the trunk.

That's when I realized, there was no one behind us. These psychos were planning on taking me to some 'base' as they had called it, so why would another car be behind us? We were probably on some road that barely anyone used.

Then the car stopped moving. The music disappeared and I heard car doors slam. their voices were muffled, but t her loud footsteps could be heard. I heard the crunch of rocks as they walked around the car. I closed my eyes and acted as if I was asleep. Moments later I could see the sunlight through my eyelids.

"Well she is still sleeping. Pick her up."

I was lifted into the air are carried to who knows where. I kept my eyes closed and tried to stay as relaxed as possible.

"She might stay knocked out for a while. She is light, so the dosage will affect her more."

I heard someone knock on a door.

"So you were able to bring Rachel?" Someone new asked.

" Yes sir. "

"Bring her in," the new voice said. The sunlight disappeared and I heard the door slam shut.

AUTHORS NOTE

So what did y'all think?

I have a goal of getting this chapter to 15 votes. Can we do it? I don't know.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR 41K!!!! And 111 followers!!!!

Take care (especially my fellers down in texas)

-anubluey