Chapter 17

I woke up as if it was a normal day, pushing all the questions that I had aside and got ready for school.

"Rachel your friend is here to pick you up," my mom said as I walked down the stairs.

"Friend? I was going to walk," I said grabbing a bagel. " and why are they here so early? "

" I don't know, but his name is Kevin. Is he the person you are tutoring? " my mom asked smiling.

"Yeah. I she on the driveway?" I asked peeking out the window and seeing his motorcycle.

"Nope princess, your kind mom let me inside," a familiar voice said behind me. I turned and saw Kevin standing there, with a smirk on his face. My mom walked out of the kitchen, leaving Kevin and I alone.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed, my soft eyes turning cold.

" I came to give you a ride, and to apologize, " Kevin said, the smirk disappearing.

"Apologize? You scared me, then lied about working with my cousin, then somehow got that cousin to steal my phone," I wanted hobbling around the kitchen eating my bagel.

" I didn't lie, I do work with Nate. But I am sorry about scaring you, " Kevin said sincerely.

KEVIN POV

"Prove it," Rachel said crossing her arms. She had a power stance and and eyebrows raised.

"How?" I asked, confused. I couldn't prove anything with out getting her involved in gang business.

"That's for you to figure out," Rachel said taking another bite of her bagel.

" Okay, I'll prove it. Let's get to school, and remember you are coming to the dinner tonight, " I said walking towards the door.

"Only if you swear that you will prove everything," Rachel said finishing the bagel.

" Fine. "

RACHEL POV

I grabbed my bag and hobbled out the door towards the now familiar bike. Kevin was about to lift me onto the bike before I slapped his hand and shot a glare his way. I wasn't going to accept his help for a while.

"Princess, I'm just trying to help you," Kevin said stepping back and scratching the back of his neck. I

" I don't need your help," I snapped, struggling with the bike.

" Uh huh, you don't need help, " Kevin replied amused, raising his eyebrows. Cocky little biscuit. I grabbed the handle with my good arm and pulled myself onto the seat.

"Yes, I don't need help," I huffed, adjusting my bag.

"Fractured arm and you still manage to get onto a bike," Kevin muttered getting on the bike. He drove to the school, staying in the speed limits.

"Do you need help?" Kevin asked watching me struggle.

" No. If I did you would be the last person that I would ask, Garnett" I replied sharply.

KEVIN POV

I watched her struggle for about 3 minutes before she managed to get her self off. I have to admit, it was impressive that she was so skinny, injured, but still had the strength to get off.

Are you at the school with Rachel?- Keith

Yes -Kevin

"See you for dinner with your family tonight," Rachel said hobbling away.

" Wait, why don't I walk you to your first class? " I offered smiling.

"I would rather cartwheel down the hall," she replied dryly. She walked off, leaving me stunned. She was really mad.

RACHEL POV

I went through my day, staying away from the 4 hooligans, until my science class.

"We have a new student joining us. His name is Jared," our teacher, Dr. Kane announced. I looked up and saw a tall blue eyed boy.

"Just go to any open seat," the teacher finished. The seat next to me was open and of course, Jared sat there.

" Hi, I'm Rachel, " I introduced looking at the tall boy.

" Hi, I'm Jared. We've met before, at Rios. "

Oh yeah, that's where I recognized him from.

ZACK POV

"His name is Jared," I heard the teacher say. My head shot up and I saw a familiar kid. He wasn't supposed to be here. He took a seat next to Rachel and they started talking.

Jared is here -Zack

Shit -James

Even worse news, he is sitting next to Rachel -Zack

Why the hell is he here? -Keith

What the fuck -Kevin

I looked up just in time to see Jared short me a smirk, that read only one thing in my mind.

"Game on mother fucker."

AUTHORS NOTE

HELLO! I am so sorry for the lack of updates I have been busy  and I have some writers block. But I swear I am not neglecting Wattpad.

Any ideas? If you have any please let me know!

-anubluey

Ps check out my book: That Girl