Chapter 46

RACHELS POV

I clung to Keith's back as he drove his motorcycle. He claimed that we were in the speed limit. If the speed limit was 10-15 miles more than it actually was, I would've agreed with him.

"So here is the thing," Keith said about 15 minutes into our drive. "I have no idea where we are."

"So how have you been driving this whole time? Blindly?" I shouted incredulously.

"I have been trying to find a high way so I can figure out how to get us back."

"The sun is setting, and you are most likely tired," I said. "We should pull up somewhere are rest until morning. It lowers our chances of being caught by those psychos and lowers the chances of there being a crash."

"Alright alright. Let's find an inn somewhere," Keith agreed. He made a right on some street and sure enough, there was a cheap looking motel down the street.

"Garbling gargoyles," I muttered as we pulled into the lot.

" What? " he asked looking at me, amused but confused.

"How are we going to pay? I don't have any money," I replied. We got off of the bike and he pulled the keys out.

"I have cash. Rule 1, always keep some emergency money," he said. He lifted the seat to put his helmet back and I saw a white envelope taped to the bottom of the seat. He grabbed the envelope and checked how much money was inside.

"502 should be enough, right?" He asked looking at me.

"If it's not enough I would be concerned. But we are still getting the cheapest room," I said. He nodded and we walked towards the motel. We walked inside and there was a lady that looked to be around 45 years old sitting at the front desk.

"Hi, how could I help you two today?" she asked us.

"Hi, my brother and I are traveling across the country and we need the cheapest room just for the night," I said.

"Sure, room 16, cheapest room we have," she said. "40 dollars for the night."

Keith pulled two 20 dollar bills and handed them to her. She gave us a key and we walked down the hall until we came across a wooden door with the number 16 on it. I opened the door and walked in.

"Hey it's not that bad," Keith said. The room had two lamps, a bed, a chair and a desk. There was also a small TV that Keith was trying to turn on.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked, sitting in the bed. Keith turned around and looked at me, confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well we have no way of communicating with anyone, we aren't sure of where we are, and hello? School! The art show I have to prepare for it!" I said, panicked.

"Hey chill man, it's all good. I have money so we can get a burner phone at any local store, make a few calls get a map and get outta here," Keith replied. "We should sleep, so we can leave early and-" He was cut off by his stomach growling.

"And we need food," I laughed lightly. He nodded in agreement and sat on the bed.

"I saw a vending machine," Keith suggested raising his eyebrows. I nodded and we got up, grabbed the key and walked out.

5 minutes later we walked back into our room with a bottle of water each and 2 sandwiches. Our meal was silent, mostly because we were both hungry and were indulging in the vending machine sandwich.

"Alright tomorrow morning we will leave early," I said. I threw my garbage out and Keith followed suit. I got into the bed and Keith slept on the other side of the bed. Slam it instantly after his head hitting the pillow he fell asleep. I was listening to the clock ticking and eventually I drifted into a deep sleep as well.