Chapter 61

"What am I supposed to do?" I yelled. "I'm not the one with connections that can help him!"

"We aren't saying that you have those connections," Charlie said. "We are just letting you know what's going on."

"Great, so pull me out of school and stress me out when you know I can't do anything," I growled. "You guys created a mess. Now you guys fix it." I turned and started to walk out but then I heard

"Geez are you on your period or something?" Casey muttered.

"Excuse me?" I snapped, pivoting to look at Casey.

"I don't know, you seem moody," he shrugged. I found myself walking towards him, and before I knew it, my hand pulled back and slapped him clean across the face. The spot where my hand had hit him was slightly pink, and I was shocked at what I did. Casey looked surprised as well and touched his face, as if to see if he was imagining the slap or not.

"If I seem moody, it's because you are stressing me out. You guys better fix this, or I swear, Casey won't be the only one getting hurt."

I stormed out of the room and went back outside to where Keith was waiting for me.

"How did it go?" He asked. "What did you guys talk about?"

"I got mad, and I slapped Casey," I answered. Keith looked surprised but he started to drive, not saying anything else. We got back to school and I ran into the the building. School has been my top priority and it was pure luck that I was still maintaining my good grades, despite all the craziness in my life. 

The rest of my day was normal. For a minute it felt like everything was back to how it was before meeting Jared, Kevin, James, Zack and Keith. I didn't hear any gossiping, I went to the library for lunch and I took some tests. It sounds boring, but for me, boring was better than thinking about my brother fighting for his life in the near future.

At the end of the day, the final bell rang and I started my walk home, on the sidewalk. The sky was clear, and I could hear a car coming up the street.

Then everything went black.

AUTHORS NOTE

HI GUYS

I am back from my long disappearance. I will be posting new chapters once a week on Friday.

Thanks for the love and support! I'm happy to be back and writing.

Anubluey