Chapter 13

KEVIN POV

"Charlie wants us to bring the phone to the house tomorrow. She wants to figure out who the fuck is targeting us, "  James explained.

"Who does she think it is? " I asked.

" She doesn't know, but she thinks it's someone trying to mess with the deal next week, " Zack answered.

"Anyone else think it's the Gora Gang? I mean GG could easily stand for them, right?" Keith interjected.

" Charlie said it's not them. They offered an alliance, why would they attack? " Zack countered.

" I dunno. My only reasoning that it would be them is the initials and the fact that one of these members, Jared saw us with Rachel at the diner. If he saw us with her and told their leader, George, then they could have planned it all out to harm or even kill her, and since we care about her, they would want that to impact is negatively, " Keith said reasoned. His logic was sound, I did have to give him that.

"Even they wouldn't go that far. They are out enemies, but they wouldn't attack an innocent just to screw with us. Right?" James said.

"Let's worry about this tomorrow and figure it out with the gang. Brandon and my parents are gonna be back soon, so you guys should get outta here," I said looking at the time. It was 9:30 PM. I guess it made sense because Rachel got here around 7, and the movie was long. Then we talked. God how time flies.

The guys left and sped down the street on their motorcycles. Weird to think that one day we would actually go the speed limit. Actually what was weirder was the fact that we were always speeding and we never had an accident or got a ticket. The garage opened and I heard Brandon and our parents talking. They walked through the door and spotted me on the couch reading. Just kidding I was in my room when they came through the door.

"Kevin, come downstairs. We have dinner. It's pizza," my dad yelled. I walked down the stairs, grabbed 2 slices and started back up to my room.

" Where are you going? Let's eat dinner as a family? " my mom asked.

" I have a project to work on. I was visiting a friend that was in the hospital. You know, the one that is coming here for dinner Monday night, so I have to work on my project now, " I said thinking of an excuse.

"Okay. We are proud to see that this tutor of yours is changing your attitude about school," my mom said letting me leave. I ran upstairs with my plate and sat down at my desk. I pulled out a book and my notebook that had notes written already. Yep, fake studying. Go me.

You have a chat request  flashed on my computer screen. I clicked on it and was whisked into a chat, but not with Keith, James, Zack and Rachel. Nope I was in a chat with my gang. Thank god that in our gang chat my screen name was just Kevin, or I would never hear the end of it.

Charlie: This is not the time to be accusing anyone

Paul: Charlie we have to think this through though. It could easily be the Gora targeting us.

Nikki: They offered an alliance Paul

Blair: We are part of a gang, everything we do is illegal. I wouldn't hold it to them to keep an honor code

Dave: They wouldn't attack 2 innocents. I think it's someone else trying to scare us.

Kevin: Tomorrow you guys get my phone and you can trace it from there. Let's not make any assumptions yet

Charlie: Fine. I will see you guys tomorrow

Kevin has logged off

I clicked on my e-mail window and noticed 7 unread emails. The first three were adds. After that I saw an email from Rutgers.

Dear Mr. Garnett,

We have been keeping an eye on you for wrestling, and depending on how this season goes we are considering a scholarship.

From,
The Rutgers University

Wow. I forgot about wrestling. It was staring up next week, and I was on the varsity team. Shit I needed to get everything together. I opened the other emails and they were just adds.

RACHEL POV

I laid down in my bed, my thoughts swirling like a whirlpool. Why would someone harm us? How was I connected to GG? How was Kevin connected to GG?

Wait. Why did this GG person contact both of us? We had nothing in common. It didn't make sense.

Geez the craziness of it all is making me sound like one of the characters in my book.

Authors note

Hey
So I lied
This one wasn't better
Oops
But thank you all for reading, commenting and voting!
How y'all doin?
And I posted a new book called That Girl
-anubluey

Ps. When do y'all read these chapters? Like what time is it for you? I mostly post late at night (it is past midnight for me) so I am just curious