Chapter 40

ZACK POV

We were sitting in the booth just staring each other down. With out Rachel, we didn't need to interact.

"It's been like 5 minutes. I am gonna see where she is," I said getting up. Jared nodded and took out his phone. I walked outside, expecting Rachel to be there but I didn't see her. I walked to where my bike was and she wasn't there either, and she wasn't by Jared's car.

That's when I started to worry. She was a tiny person that anyone could've kidnapped, and since she went missing it was my fault. I then felt my phone start to buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw the caller as Rachel.

"Rachel, where are you?" I asked.

"Well hello to you too Zack," a voice that wasn't Rachel's said.

"Who are you," I growled into the phone.

"Jeez, just like Kevin, you boys are always so angry when asking who I am," the person said. They had a voice like butter. It was very smooth and almost silky.

"You spoke with Kevin?" I asked. I had no idea where he, James and Keith where, and Keith wasn't answering my texts or calls.

"Not today, but last night. Anyways I was just calling to tell you that Rachel is fine," the bitch said.

"Wait-" I started before the other person hung up. Someone had taken Rachel and that's just wrong. I stormed back into the diner and saw Jared sitting there still on his phone.

I walked over to the table and slammed my hand on the table.

"Where is she?" I asked.

" What do you mean? I though you were going to get her, " Jared said standing up and putting his phone away.

"I mean, where the fuck did you and your friends take her," I growled.

" I have no idea What you are talking about. "

"Bullshit."

"Hey man, what's going on?" Paul said.

"I'll tell ya what's happening. Kevin Keith and James are AWOL, I came here to make amends with Jared and Rachel, and now Rachel is missing, and who knew where she would be? Jared. Who did we see before weird shot started happening? Jared," I seethed.

"I'm gonna go," Jared muttered.

"No you are not. You are telling us where Rachel is," I said.

" Jared just go, I'll deal with him, " Paul said. Jared walked away while Paul held me back from launching myself at him to beat his ass.

"Ok, now that he is gone let's go to the back room and talk there," Paul laughed, leading me into the back of the diner. He opened the door to the kitchen then opened another door.

"Alright sit down and tell me what's for your panties in a twist, " he ordered.

"Rachel needed some air, she went outside, is ent to go find her and she was gone," I said.

"Which one is Rachel? Is she the blonde chick that you brought here a month ago? " Paul asked.

"No this is Rachel," I said. I took out my phone and pulled up her Instagram.

"Oh it's the car crash one, the one with the funky texts," he muttered.

"And then she called, I picked up and it wasn't her talking," I continued. "I haven't heard from James, Ketih or Kevin. I know James went to a different state for some deal, but he hasn't texted or called. Keith and Kevin just disappeared. None of them are answering my calls or texts. Call me a clingy girlfriend, but I wanna be sure my brothers are okay."

" I don't know where Keith is, but I do know where Kevin is, " Paul said. "Last night Charlie was attacked. She is in the hospital, up and I am pretty sure Kevin is there right now."

" Who was she attacked by? " I asked. Charlie getting attacked and landing in a hospital meant that who ever hit her was a powerhouse. They were fucking strong.

"We don't know. Keith had sent a text to us saying that he had an emergency so he left before we saw him again."

"Do you think the person behind the weird texts and the person that attacked Charlie is the same person? " I asked. I already knew his answer before he said it.

"Yes."

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY GUYS
I am so so so so sorry that this update took forever (it's a short one I know)

We just got 44K, so yayyy!!! Thanks so much!

Can we get this chapter to 15 votes? I dunno, I hope we can. Leave a comment about that you think and what I can improve because I want to make this something you enjoy reading.

Has your school started?

Check out chapter 1 of my new book "Drowning"

-anubluey