Chapter 44

RACHEL'S POV

I woke up in a small dark room. The only light source was a window that was at least 12 feet above my head. I groaned, stood up and stretched my arms and back.

"Hello? Would someone please open the door? It's cold in here and this sweater ain't helping anymore," I called. I rubbed my arms attempting to keep warm. " I didn't know I was in the tundra."

"First scream," a snarky voice said. "Then we will consider giving you a sweater."

"What type of scream? A scream if I saw a spider or what?" I asked.

"As if you were in pain," the person chuckled darkly.

"Okay," I muttered. I let out a scream that echoed off the walls. I heard footsteps and someone opened the door.

"Good scream, " the person said. She had a white mask that was painted with gold swirls. She walked closer and as I was about to take the red blanket that was in her hands I grabbed her arm, pulled her down so she was hunched over, and kneed her in the throat. She started gagging and I took the opportunity to run. I sprinted out of the room, slammed the door shut behind me and ran down a long hall until I heard a scream.

"Fuck you," I heard someone say. The voice was familiar and they seemed like they needed help. Then again, if I waited I would probably be made into a punching bag. I debated for 10 seconds before running towards the shouts. I hid behind a corner and watched two people walk outfits room.

"God tazers are so useful," one of them laughed. they walked down the hallway and then disappeared from sight. I walked forward and looked at the door. There was no window that I could see, but I could hear someone groaning inside. I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and put it in the lock. I started twisting it until I heard the clicks of the tumblers opening. I pulled on the lock and it broke off of the door. I pushed the door open and saw a hunched over figure handcuffed to a wall. I walked towards the person and froze.

"What back to taze me more?" The person said. His voice sounded so familiar, but also strained.

"Hey Keith," I said. His head shot up and his eyes brightened. I silently out my bobby pin into the lock and opened the handcuffs.

" Rachel? You are the last person I expected to see here, " he smiled. I took his arm and carefully stood him up.

"We have to get out of here," I whispered. "Are you able to walk?"

" Yeah. Tazers hurt but not for too long. let's go, " Keith replied. We walked out of his room and I saw him wince a little bit.

"Don't sorry I am fine," he smiled. "There is one way out and that is by the staircase over there." He pointed down the hall to a long set of stairs.

" What do we do if we see anyone? " I asked.

"Hmm. Grab me the fire extinguisher that's over there," he ordered. I looked to my left and saw a fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. I took it down and handed it to him.

"Great now let's go," he said. We walked to the end of the halls and started up the stairs. Within 2 minutes we reached the top, and I didn't see anyone.

"Okay, if I remember correctly from when they dragged me down there we make a right and then the door should be on the left," Keith whispered.

" Hold on they didn't knock you out? " I asked.

"Nah they dragged me down here," he laughed. He grabbed my arm and ran towards the front door.

"Freeze," someone commanded. I heard a gun being pulled. I stopped and told hold of Keith's arm.

"Turn around," the person said. I turned and saw Shane standing there, his eyes cold and dead serious. A black gun was held out in front of him and my eyes widened.

"Walk this was slowly," Shane commanded. I started walking towards him, while still holding onto Keith. Once we were close enough to him he went behind us with his gun still pointed towards us and motioned for us to keep walking. I stepped forwards but Keith didn't move.

"Move," Shane ordered. Before I realized what was happening, Keith spun around, punched Shane got the gun and was pulling me out the door.

"Look at you, no cast," Keith smiled.

"This isn't the time!" I yelled. We ran to the back of the building looking for who knows what.

"What are we looking for?" I asked.

"My bike. I keep a key hidden so we can use that and get out of here," he explained. I nodded and started looking. Behind the building was basically a garbage dump.

"Found it!" Keith said joyfully. I watched him pull it out and then lift the seat. He grabbed his key from where ever it was down there and put it in.

"Get on we gotta go," Keith yelled. I ran over to the bike, got on and wrapped my arms around him. He started speeding away and I heard gunshots behind us. I buried my head in his back and he drove faster.

After a few minutes of driving we reached a road that some other cars were on. He slowed down and looked back at me.

"You good?" He asked.

"Never better," I grinned.

"Okay we have kept you out of the loop long enough," Keith said seriously. "You are too deep into this and you need to know."

"What do I need to know?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Everything."

AUTHORS NOTE

I AM SORRY
I KNOW IT HAS BEEN FOREVER SINCE I UPDATED

School takes up a lot of time.

If you guys want to know when updates are coming out just visit my profile because I post messages there.

Thank you so for the support!!!!!!!!!! I Freaking love all of you!

-anubluey