Chapter 29

Sorry I kept using agent and officer. It doesn't matter but yeah, agent and officer Gordon are the same person. Please read note at end!

"Rachel Giles?" An officer asked as Nate and I walked into the station.

" Yes. I take it you are agent Gordon, " I replied.

"Yes I am. Who is this?" he questioned.

" I am Nate Hadme, her cousin, " Nate introduced. They shook hands and then officer Gordon led us to the back door of the station.

"Is this the car?" He asked once we stepped outside. Sitting there was a silver SUV with some scratches and a small dent.

*I think this is it,' I muttered.

"Okay then. Well the car is registered under the name of Kevin Garnett," Officer Gordon said.

" Sorry, what? Did you just say the car is under the name of Kevin Garnett? As in G-A-R-N-E-T-T ? " Nate spelled, clearly confused.

"Yes, that would be the one. Here is the picture we found," the officer confirmed. He showed a picture and sure enough, the face of a familiar boy was staring back at me.

"Well he is in a fuck ton of hot water with me," Nate grumbled. "He has explaining to do."

"Do you guys know him?" Officer Gordon questioned.

"Yes. I could get him to come down here," I offered once I found my voice. Kevin was one of the last people I would have thought to own the car.

" That would be great, " agent Gordon said.

Hey, can you come down to police station? -Rachel

What happened princess? -Kevin

They found the car and they need your help in finding the owner -Rachel

Okay. I will be there soon princess -Kevin

"He is on his way," I announced. Agent Gordon nodded and stepped away to get an interrogation room ready.

"Nate, you said that you work with Kevin, James, Keith and Zack. What in earth do you guys do?" I asked once I was sure the other officers and agents were out of earshot.

" Well, technically I can tell you. But then again, I value my life and I prefer to be walking around in the real world rather than the spirit world, " Nate said

"What, would your boss kill you if you told someone?" I joked.

" Maybe. God she is scary, " Nate shuddered.

"What are you in some mob, or gang?" I joked.

" What? No that's crazy, " Nate laughed.

"Hey I am here," a voice called. Kevin walked through the door automatically drawing attention to him slelf.

"How do you get here so fast?" Nate asked.

" I was next door at Walmart, " Kevin answered. "Don't ask."

"So you are Kevin Garnett?" Agent Gordon asked coming up behind him.

"Yes sir. Rachel told me to come down here. I don't really know why I am here though," Kevin said.

"Please come this way. Rachel, Nate you guys can come along and sit on the other side of the room if you would like," Officer Gordon directed.

KEVIN POV

Agent Gordon led us all to the interrogation rooms. He opened the door and I stepped in and say down. I didn't see Rachel or Nate, but what did I expect? It was one way glass.

"Alright Kevin, I just have some questions for you. Let's start with a simple one. Are you aware of the accident that occurred with your friend, Rachel Giles?" He asked.

" Yes, I am aware the accident happened. "

"Well the car that crashed into her has been found. The silver SUV was registered under your name."

" I'm sorry what? Could you repeat that? " I sputtered. It didn't make any sense.

"Your name is the one registered with the car," Gordon repeated slowly.

"That's impossible. I have never even seen this silver SUV that you are talking about," I said.

" Listen son, don't make this harder on yourself. Just be honest, " the agent requested.

"I am being honest, " I demanded.

RACHEL'S POV

"That's impossible. I have never even seen this silver SUV that you are talking about," Kevin said.

"What the hell is going on here," Nate muttered. "I need to make a call."

" What? Nate the car is registered in his name. You can't do anything, and frankly I need an explanation, " I said.

"Yo, Charlie. Listen, the SUV I need you to do some checks on it. Yes. No, Charlie I can't right now. Just use laptop, it's still there on the coffee table. Ask Georgina then. Okay, thank you," Nate said to the person he was calling. I guess they were Charlie.

"Okay, we might get answers soon," Nate said.

" Who is Charlie? " I asked.

"A friend. We should get back to your house, your mom is gonna be looking for you," Nate answered. We stood up and walked out of the room. I really wanted to hear the interrogation.

KEVIN POV

"Son the car is in your name. Here is all the registration information," Officer Gordon said. He slid a file to me. My name, social security number and picture where all there.

"Is that you?" He asked.

" Yes sir, but I don't own this car. Can I go? "

"Look, we can bring your parents in, unless you want someone else, but you can't leave," he explained.

"Alright. Can I call my boss?" I asked. He nodded and I pulled out my phone.

"Hey Charlie can you come down to the station? Please? What, no. Okay, thank you Charles," I said. I slid my phone into my pocket and waited. Officer Gordon left to take care of something. I was waiting for about 10 minutes when I heard a loud voice.

"Kevin Garnett, what the fuck did you do," Charlie yelled from the hall. The door swung open and in walked an angry woman with a terrified Officer Gordon.

Authors note
Hey guys! We hit 21K, which is great but more importantly we hit over 1K votes!!!!!!!! I can't thank you guys enough and I am so happy right now.

I made two new covers and I want y'all to vote. Leave an inline comment to which one.

Cover A

Cover B

If you can't leave an inline comment just say which one.

Thanks!

Please check out my other book!

-anubluey