Chapter 41

RACHEL'S POV

I kept my eyes shut and tried to keep my breathing steady while they carried me around. They then put me on a cold floor. I heard a door close and I didn't hear anyone else around. I slowly opened my eyes just enough so they looked closed but I could see the room a little bit. I didn't see anyone so I opened my eyes fully and stood up. I surveyed the room, looking at the corners and examining the walls. I looked to the corner that was farthest away from me and saw a small black sphere. I walked closer and saw a red light. It was a camera.

"Hello person that is watching me. I don't know who you are, but I would appreciate it if you could give me a hoodie of something. This room I am in is cold," I said, looking directly at the camera.

"State your name," a speaker said. I couldn't tell if the voice belonged to a boy or girl, but all I could tell is that it sent a chill down my spine.

"Rachel Giles."

"Your full name," the voice said.

"That is my full name," I replied. I was avoiding giving too much information.

"No it is not," the speaker said.

"Yes it is."

"No it is not," the voice said, It sounded more irritated now.

"Yes it is."

"No it is not."

"No it is not," I said.

"Yes it is. Wait-" the speaker said.

"Ah see, now you admitted that Rachel Giles is my full name. Amazing how the human brain wants to keep a pattern and you don't even realize it."

"Rachel, do you want your sweater or not?" The voice said exasperatedly.

"I would like a sweater."

"Then state your full name."

"It is Rachel Giles," I smiled.

"Ms. Giles give a full name or we will make the room colder."

"Fine. Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya De La Rosa Ramirez," I laughed.

"Oh shit she got you," a voice in the background laughed.

"You did say a full name, so she gave you one," someone else howled.

"Fine. You can have your sweater," the original voice grumbled. The speaker turned off and a door that looked like it was part of the wall opened. A tall boy with shaggy blonde hair and green eyes walked in.

"Yo, I am Shane. Here is your sweater," he said.

"Thanks. Where am I?" I asked.

"You know its funny. They said you were a goodie goodie and avoided any sort of conflict, and more on the shy side, but here you are just refusing to answer a simple question," Shane said ignoring my question.

"So do you mind telling me where I am?" I asked again.

" I guess they were wrong about the shy part. You are outgoing, " Shane muttered.

"Listen up sunshine, tell me where I am and I won't hurt you," I grumbled, annoyed that he wasn't answering my question.

"You are a feather. The most damage you could do is make me sneeze or laugh," Shane retorted. "And to answer your question, we are in a room."

"Could you tell me the location of the establishment we are currently in?" I asked narrowing my eyes. Shane seemed to be my age, so what was he doing keeping me in a room.