Chapter 25

The rest of my day was smooth like peanut butter. In my last period, James was missing again. Even our gym teacher was confused, but didn't really seem to care. I was starting to get a little worried. What has happened to him? He was the center of attention in gym. why would he be skipping that class?

"Alright everyone, we are playing kickball today," Mr. Guzman announced, shaking me from my thoughts. I walked outside with the class and sat on the bench as people set up the game. Only a few more days until I could play again.

"Hey Rachel," a familiar voice greeted. James.

"James. Where the hockey stick have you been? You can't even play the kickball game because you are so late," I asked the teen. He sat down next to me and brushed his normally gelled hair out of his face.

"First off, I had to take care of something. Second, wow you are talking to me. The other guys said that you were pissed and refused to talk," James laughed.

"Well sorry for being concerned," I mumbled. James started talking again while I sat there in silence.

"Anyways so how was your day? My day was interesting. I actually paid attention in  math. Isn't that a surprise! And then  get this, I didn't skip half of my classes today. Weird right? I actually went to all my classes and listened. God today was full of surprises. And to top it all off, you talked to me! You didn't glare at me and look like you wanted me dead like you did with the other guys." James kept going on about something. I had given up on trying to understand what he was talking about about 2 minutes into his speech.

"Hi James," a flirty voice said, interrupting our one sided conversation. The girl stood in front of us twirling her long blonde hair. Okay, if I am being honest I really didnt understand the whole concept of the hair twirl thing. I mean I get it was flirting but is that it?

"Hey Kellie," James greeted. His face and voice seemed to be a hybrid of fake joy, a grimace and annoyance.

"So, are you busy today after school?" The blonde asked. She glanced at me like I was piece of gum on the bottom of her shoe before turning her full attention back to James.

"Yeah, I have plans today. Sorry," James answered sheepishly.

"You are always busy. Why don't we go out this Friday?" Kellie suggested.

" Sorry this Friday I am busy. " James said.

"Fine when aren't you busy?" Kellie asked, a little annoyed.

" I don't know. I have a busy schedule, " James muttered.

"Fine. When you aren't busy, call me," she huffed before walking back to her group of giggling friends.

"Well I am not calling her, ever," James laughed. His laughter died out and we ended up watching the rest of the game in silence.

"Alright everyone, head inside, " Mr. Guzman yelled once the game finished. Half of our class cheered while the other half either congratulated them or they acted like sore losers.

"I will see you at the library," James said before running in. Well then.

I wasn't looking forward to spending my afternoon with rambunctious, lying annoying boys.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! THANKS FOR THE 13 K AND GETTING TO OVER 700 VOTES. I finished my finals which means I have a lot more time for writing. Chapters will be slowly going up, but once my school finished (it ends on Wednesday) I will have more time to work. I started a new book, please check it out!

Thank you all for the endless support!
I entered the Wattys and I entered the Aim High Awards, so wish me luck there!

How are you guys doing though? How is your school? Did it end?

-anubluey