Chapter 33

I flung my fist backwards and the darkness left.

"Jesus fucking Christ Rachel. You punched me in my weak spot," a voice groaned. "I learned a lesson today. Never cover Rachel giles' eyes with your hands or she might try to kill you."

"You can't blame me. If it suddenly became dark, would you have the same reaction?" I laughed as Jared got up, wincing in pain.

" I would remove the hands covering my eyes! " Jared replied incredulously.

"Well. Now you know what I would do," I said.

"Yeah, you straight up try to murder someone," he complained.

"I thought it was a kidnapper. If it was a kidnapper, I would have defended myself pretty well."

"If it was a kidnapper they would be a hell of a lot more prepared. Anyways, let's go," Jared said.

" Go? Go where? I thought we were studying here, " I asked.

"Change in plans," he shrugged. I got out of my chair and grabbed my bag.

"So where are we going?" I asked as we walked out of the school.

"It's a surprise."

" can you give me a hint? " I asked. I got into the car and slammed the door shut.

"I could. But where is the fun in that?" He laughed.

"Meanie," I huffed.

" Hey, you get your cast and stitches off soon, " Jared said changing the topic.

"Yeah. Aiden gets out of the hospital today, but my parents have to bring him home," I said.

"Well that's good. When you get your cast off, what's the first thing you are gonna do?"

" scratch my arm. Geez, this thing makes is so itchy, " I complained.

"You're a strange one," Jared laughed.

"I'm the strange one? You are the one that planned this. If anything you are the strange one," I retorted.

" ok well close your eyes, " he ordered.

"Why?"

" or not because I am covering your eyes with my hands anyways, " Jared said. We got out of the car and I looked around. Towering trees surrounded us, and the sound of a stream nearby was faint in our ears.

"Let's go," he said. He covered my eyes with his hands and I slowly stepped forward. "You can walk normally. I won't let you fall."

" Really?" I said raising and eyebrow.

"Yeah. Can't have a pretty girl get hurt and then have her brother and father beat me up," he laughed. He guided me through the forest to where ever he was taking me.

"Well then. Are we there yet?" I asked.

"If we were there we would have stopped walking, " he said.

We kept walking for about five more minutes until he stopped.

"Okay, ready?" He asked.

" I have been ready, " I laughed. He removed his hands and my eyes adjusted to the light. "Um, what am I supposed to be looking at?" I spun my head around and kept looking.

" Here, " he said. He pointed up in a tree and then I saw it. I small tree house was built and a ladder fell down the side of it.

"Who owns this tree house?" I asked as he started walking towards the ladder.

"No one. I don't think anyone uses it, and it's not on private property, so we can use it," he answered.

"Okay. How do I get up there?"

Jared stopped and thought for 30 seconds before his face lit up. Her walked towards me and turned so his back was facing me.

"Get on," he said.

" What? No you are not giving me a piggy back ride up to a tree house, " I replied backing away.

"Well, then there is option 2," he said. I was whisked into the air and flag over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"HEY! Jared put me down," I squealed. I hit his back weakly with my good arm.

"Okay gorgeous. Then lets do this. H e moved me so my face was very close to his. His arm was holding me upend he walked towards the ladder.

"Now don't let go," he laughed. I closed my eyes as he began to climb the ladder and my arms wrapped around him. "Really, you need to eat. You are as light as a feather."

"Funny, Kevin said the same thing," I muttered. Within a minutes we reached the top.

"Alright, here we are. Random tree house in the middle of the woods!" Jared grinned. He stepped inside and  let me down.

"You didn't have to carry me up here," I said. I looked around and saw two chairs and a table set up.

"Well how else would you have gotten up here?"

"Did you set all this up?" I asked.

"Yeah. I skipped a class or two to come clean this place up and put some chairs and a table," he laughed. "So tell me, what other way could you have gotten up here?"

"Well it is a hanging ladder. You could have climbed up first, then would have stood on the bottom rung and you would just have to pull the ladder up. Much easier than you carrying me up here," I explained.

"True. But you could have fallen. And pretty people shouldn't be getting scratched up. Or more scratched up in your case."

"Shut up. Lets go, we have homework to do and a test to study for."

Authors Note

Hey guys! So I am really be sorry for my lack of updating. Sorry  the next chapter might take a week or 2 to write. I am judging books for a contest.

If you are transgender and you are reading this, I support you mate, you ain't alone. You got a whole country supporting you. If y'all are confused as to what i am talking about check my profile, I posted something.

Big thanks to @tabbystubbert for all the help and support (Sorry if I spelled your name wrong)

If you live in india, leave a comment

-Anubluey :)