Chapter 52

"Hey Rachel," Kevin grinned. I let out a small laugh and sat down across from him.

"I don't get what you love about this library," he said. "It's just shelves of books, and I am willing to bet that some books in this place are covered in dust and spiders."

"You couldn't be more wrong," I laughed. "While you may not see it, there are people that actually come here. Unlike the school library this one I soused a lot more."

He leaned forward, put his forearms on the table and folded his hands. "Do you want to cut the bullshit and just talk about what happened?" he asked.

"Sure," I nodded. "You picked a great setting for that."

"If I am remembering our short conversation from last night, you are the one that picked this library."

"I don't see your point," I said.

"Okay," he started. "I know that I have known you for a short time. In that time I have lied to you, hurt you, put you in danger and-"

"I get it," I said, leaning forward and mimicking his pose. "You have done some things that you regret. Where are you going with this?"

"I care about you," he rushed. "I know, I am a Dick and it has seemed like I don't care about you, but I really truly do."

"Tell me something I don't know," I challenged.

"I never thought I would see you smirk," he smiled. "You are bolder than when I first met you."

"Thanks?"

"Alright you picked this place, but can we go somewhere else?"  he asked. "Don't get me wrong, this library is great but-"

"Don't bother lying. I know you hate this place," I laughed. "I chose it just to see if you would agree to come here."

"Nice. But can we go somewhere else?"

"Where would we go? And do not say the diner because I swear to god-"

"Not the diner, I promise." He stood up and looked down at me. "Just trust me."

"Fine," I groaned. I stood up and we walked out of the library side by side, our hands dangling near each other. His hand brushed mine and my hands jumped into my jacket pockets. I glanced up and saw that he looked a little sad.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I climbed onto his bike. "You look sad."

"I'm fine princess," he grinned.

"It's been sometime since you last called me that," I said. He drove down the street, made a bunch of turns, and we ended up at a hiking trail.

"You up for a nature walk?" he asked. I shrugged and followed him into the forest.

"So was there anything else you wanted to tell me?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Princess, I care about you a lot. You are cute, smart, funny, serious and you are a ray of light in my dark messed up world. Around you, I feel like  a different person. You make me feel like that I can actually do something. That I have a future outside of the gang. You give me hope, and I know that I haven't known you for long, but Rachel I like you a lot. I like you as more than friends."

"Kevin-" I started before he cut me off.

"I want to be able to give you a hug, hold your hand and to kiss you. Do you want to give us a chance?" I stared at him blankly, my mind exploding and my heart soaring.

"Yes," I laughed. "I want to give us a chance."

"Thank Jesus, because I have been practicing this for a few days," he cheered. He picked me up and spun me around.

"Kevin, I just want you to know that I care about you a lot," I said once he set me down. "I am different around you too. I don't know how to explain it though." He smiled down at me and pulled me into a hug.

"I won't let you down," he whispered.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! Sorry that this took so long. I have been swamped with work and I just didn't know what to write. Thank you for the support and the patience.

Love y'all!