Chapter 23

"Should we go to science?" Jared asked as the bell rang.

"Yeah, let's go," I replied. We walked out of the library, but for some reason I had the weird feeling that someone was watching me.

"Are you okay?" Jared asked as I walked a little faster. He sped up his pace as well to keep up with me.

"I just had a weird feeling. Let's go," I answered. We continued walking down the hall, until Jared finally asked me the question I had been waiting for.

"What the fuck happened to your arm and leg?"

"Car accident. It was a minor fracture, so my arm cast comes off in a week from Friday, and my leg should be healed enough by this Friday," I answered. I had been counting the days that my arm would be free and my leg would be free as well.

"Oh." We reached Dr. Kane's class, and as always I was the first one there.

"Hello Rachel, Jared," he greeted. We took our seats and watched as people walked, still on a buzz from lunch. I still couldn't get my head empty for science. Why was Kevin so determined to get me away from Jared? Jared is nice, and harmless.

"So Rachel, would you like to hand out today, after school?" Jared asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Today I have to tutor someone, but maybe after? I will text you and let you know if I am free."

" Cool. Here is my number," Jared said handing me a yellow sticky note with his number neatly written on it.

"Okay. I'll text you later," I replied putting the sticky note in my bag.

"Alright class, settle down. Today we are going to be doing textbook work. Open up to page 435 and do the test review. Before any of you ask, yes this will be collected and graded," Dr. Kane announced. A collective groan ran through the class, and protests started rising.

"Dr. Kane there are 33 questions, each one with 2 parts. We can't possibly be asked to finish that before class ends."

"This isn't fair."

"Dr. Kane we can't do essentially 64 questions in 40 minutes."

"Alright settle down, settle down. First off, you are just losing time by talking. Second, I never said it w's due today. I would like it in two days, so that is Thursday. You won't get any more class time after today." 

"Leave it to Dr. Kane to leave out the details that we need," Zack joked, The class burst into laughter, and even Dr. Kane cracked a small smile. I could've sworn that Zack sent a small glance my way as if he was watching my reaction.

"Oh come on, that was funny. Why aren't you at least smiling?" Jared asked me.

"Zack and I aren't exactly on good terms right now," I sighed. I got out my notebook and began to work on the assignment.

"Really? What happened? I want to hear this drama," Jared said as he started answering the questions.

"Well, Kevin, Zack, Keith and James annoyed me. They were boorish and did some rude things," I said. No reason to give Jared the whole story. He didn't need to be dragged into what ever was going on.

"Boorish? No one says that word anymore." Jared laughed.

"First off, boorish is commonly used in many books. Second, is that all you got from the information I told you?" I muttered, rolling my wrist. There was way too much writing in this assignment.

"Yes, that is all I got," Jared teased sticking out his tongue.

"You are just like a little kid," I commented.

"Why thank you," Jared mocked, tipping a non existent hat. We continued our work until the bell rang.

"I'll see you later," I called to Jared as we parted in the hall.

"Hey Rachel!" a familiar voice said to me.

"Zack. You are asking to be killed," I growled.

"Really midget? You will kill me?"" Zack laughed. I walked down the hall and he followed behind me.

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

"I want you to stop being mad at us," Zack requested.

"Dream on Zack."

"Look, everything that happened is a misunderstanding. Just trust us," Zack pleaded.

"Well between you guys and Nate someone is lying, and I trust Nate more then you," I retorted. I entered my art class, leaving Zack behind. I got out my project and continued working until a presence came next to me. Oh poop, I forgot. Keith was in my art class, and he would most likely make the same plea as Zack. Great.

Authors Note PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT  REQUEST

Hey guys! We got to 11K readers less than a week after we hit 10K! Thank you all so much for your endless support!

Please leave a comment saying which ship you support. Towing affect the plot but I am curious. And yes I know that there hasn't really been any romantic stuff.

Thanks
-anubluey