Chapter 34

Rachel where r u? -Nate

Rachel -Nate

Stop ignoring me -Nate

"Rachel, your phone is blowing up," Jared said shaking me out of my thoughts. I looked at my phone that was still buzzing.

RACHEL DO I NEED TO CALL THE POLICE???? -Nate

Don't make me track you down just so I know where the fuck you are -Nate

Sorry I was doing homework 😂😂 -Rachel

Sure you were -Nate

I was -Rachel

Mhmm, with who? -Nate

a friend -Rachel

Whoooo -Nate

Sorry I gotta go, talk later 😝 -Rachel

I shut off my phone and went back to my homework.

"So how was your day? Anything interesting happen?" Jared asked me, interrupting the comfortable silence.

"Um... Nothing really, I guess it was a same old boring day?"

" Okay. Tell me about art class. I don't take art, so I am curious as to how the classes in this high school are, " Jared said.

"Well, we mostly do projects with each one focusing on a different aspect," I answered putting my history sheet in my folder. "Then there is this art show or contest that is hard to get into because winners keep moving up."

"Who was selected from your class?" Jared asked.

" me and someone else, I don't know who though, " I answered.

"Hey congrats, I am sure you will do great," Jared said.

My thoughts froze. The people from my class were me and someone else. ME and someone else.

"Oh my god I got selected," I squealed.You. " I have always wanted to be in this show, and no so finally am. Do you realize that this show is literally s high school art students dream, right? And I got selected! "

"Uh didn't you already know this?"

"I have been out of it today and I didn't really realize until now."

I paused my squealing and stood up.

"Where ya going?" Jared asked standing up.

" I need to do my happy dance, " I explained. I began dancing awkwardly while laughing.

"Okay, okay stop. You are a terrible dancer, I thought you were having a seizure," Jared laughed grabbing my shoulders.

" Really? And you think you are a better dancer? " I challenged.

"Oh please honey, it's now I think. It's I KNOW I am a better dancer than you," Jared said.

"Really? Prove it."

He pulled out his phone and put on  a slow song.

"What are you going to do a ballet?" I laughed.

"Nope, I will do a waltz."

He likes his phone out and put on a familiar song.

"You have no partner," I pointed out.

"When you are healed then I will show you how to dance," he grinned.

"We will have a dance off. I really hope you are ready to be embarrassed though," I laughed.

"I look forward to that. You know, you are way more confident than when I met you. You speak louder and you are sassy," Jared commented.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked looking down.

"No, it's a good thing," he said lifting my chin.

"Well I mean, I can only speak out like this around you, Nate and Aiden. I am most comfortable with you three," I explained.

"What about Kevin, Keith, Zack and James? I thought you guys were friends."

"I don't know. They scared me, and not in a prank way. They have been lying and I found out that the car that crashed into me and Aiden is registered under Kevin's name," I sighed.

"I am sure they have their reasons. Listen to my advice, put the past in the past and give them another chance. Start out fresh as if nothing has happened," Jared said.

"Why are you defending them? They hate you and James punched you in the face," I asked.

"I want to see the best in people. Really give them another chance."

"Fine,." I mumbled.

"Yay! Now out of those four, who are you most comfortable around?" Jared asked me.

"Probably Zack. He has the laid back attitude," I answered after a moment of thought.

"Cool. Alright, we should leave because its nearly 5," Jared said. I nodded and grabbed my bag. He picked me up and climbed down the ladder.

"I am telling you, there was probably an easier way to get up and down," I said once we were safely on the ground.

"Well, where's the fun in that?" Jared chuckled.

"Honestly, for you and Aiden, the number 1 concern in your life is making sure that you have fun," I noted.

"Maybe that's why we get along so well. Alright here is the car," Jared said.

"Why was the walk here twice the length than walking back?" I asked.

"I walked in circles about 8 times to make sure you wouldn't figure it out. And also because it was funny seeing you complain," Jared answered opening his car.

"You suck," I pouted. We got into the car and he drove me to my house.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked once he parked in front of my house.

"Sorry, I have a brother and sister to get home to."

"Okay. See ya," I said. He waved and drove off.

"RACHEL GILES," a voice boomed as I walked through the door.

"Well, good afternoon to you to Nate," I said.

"Where the hell where you? I was going to call the police or trace your phone," Nate asked, his face masked with annoyance.

"I was with Jared doing my homework."

"Ooh, a boy? And you two were studying?" Nate asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yes. We were just studying. Mind out of the gutter Nate," I said.

"One day it will be more than studying," he called as I went into my room.

"Not happening," I yelled before closing my door.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! I know this chapter wasn't that good, but ya know.

Thank you guys for getting me to 30K!

Y'all are endlessly supportive and I am so fucking thankful for that.

Uh, do y'all ship Jared and Rachel?

<3 <3

anubluey