33 ~ Umbridge

'Good evening children.' Dumbledore spoke.

The entire great hall started to get silent. You looked at Draco at the Slytherin table.  He winked at you.

'Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while professor Hagrid is on temporary leave.'

Why would Hagrid be gone? Did anything happen?

'We also wish to welcome our new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher professor Dolores Umbridge.'

You saw a woman with short brown hair and brown eyes. She wore a pink outfit. It was awful to look at. She let out a small giggle.

'And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker mister Filch, has asked me to remind you-'

He was cut off by Umbridge. Everyone looked at her.  She placed her pink bag on the table and got up. She stepped forwards.

'She was at my hearing... she works for Fudge.' Harry whispered at you.

'Thank you Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faves smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends.

'That's likely.' Fred and George spoke in unison.

You let out a small chuckled and they looked at you. They smiled at you.

'The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought some new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged.'

You sighed and leaned your head on your hand.

'I don't like her.' You whispered at Ron.

'Tell me about it.' He sighed. 

'Let us preserve what must be preserved perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited.'

She let out another weird chuckle or giggle or what ever it was. She walked back to her spot. Dumbledore began to clap and slowly everyone joined in.

'Thank you, professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating.

'Illuminating? What a load of waffle.' Ron sighed. 

'What's it mean?' Harry asked.

You looked at Harry.

'It means the ministry's interfering at Hogwarts.' You whispered.

-

After the whole speech it was time to go to bed.

'I'm telling you guys, this isn't going to end well.' You sighed.

'Give her a chance Y/N.' Hermione spoke.

'Have you seen her? Have you heard her strange... laugh? Giggle? What is it?'

You walked into the Gryffindor common room. You saw Dean, Seamus, Neville, Lizzie... and many others. They looked at Harry. You felt bad for him. You placed your hand on his shoulder. You walked towards the stairs to the dorms.

'Dean, Seamus... had a good vacation?' He asked while he turned towards them.

'Alright... it was better then Seamus'.' Dean spoke.

Seamus got up. Lizzie stood up and hooked her arm with his.

'Me mum didn't want me to come back this year.'