75 ~ move on

You sat down besides Neville in the great hall. There were a lot of people you recognised who came back to redo their year. You looked around the great hall. Your eyes got stuck on Draco who was staring at you. You had eye contact for a moment but you looked away again. You sighed and stated at McGonagall who we about to start of the year.

When you first saw the still partly destroyed castle too many memories came back.. Cedric, Harry, Ron, Draco.. the astronomy tower where you both got Draco back and lost him for good. The forest where Sirius black attacked you. Hagrids place where you had been so many times. It was almost too much for you.

McGonagall stepped forwards. She looked through the great hall before she started talking.

'Welcome everyone. It's so good to see so many of you who came back and I also want to welcome all our new students. To start off I want to ask you attention and a moment of silence for everyone who gave their lives for the freedom of our wizarding world.'

The entire great hall was quiet. They deserved respect.. Dobby, Fred, Dumbledore, Sirius and all the others. So many people died.. It was such a pain to lose them. In the end you did win but why did it have to take someone lives?

'Thank you.' McGonagall said. 'Not the entire castle has been rebuild yet. The unfinished areas are prohibited for students just like the dark forest. Further more I hope we can all treat each other with respect. Every student who got a second chance deserved it. Whether they were good or bad. We don't tolerate discrimination between houses and hope that you can all get along. I hope you all have a great year and we will now begin our feast.'

Food appeared on the table. You started filling your plate with some of your favourite food. You started eating.

'I love being back. Even after everything that happened.' Neville said.

'Me too. Can't wait to see what this year brings.'

'Hopefully nothing. We deserve a normal year at Hogwarts.' Neville sighed.

'True.' You grinned.

You took a bite from your food. You kept your eyes on the table, not willing to look at the Slytherin table infront of you. Neville noticed it. He turned around and saw Draco.

'If you want to sit somewhere else, just tell me.' Neville said while turning back.

'I'm fine Neville. It's just going to be hard the first couple of days.'

'I know.' Neville said while grabbing your hand. 'But I'm there for you.' He smiled.

You smiled back at him.

'So do you like someone?' You asked Neville to change subject.

Neville blushed a little. You grinned and sat up.

'Who is it?' You asked him.

'L-Luna..' He stumbled.

You smiled and squeeked a little.

'That's so cute!' You smiled. 'I'm so going to get you two together. That's what I'm going to focus on.' You laughed.

'No! No.. I can't tell her! I'll embarrass myself.'

'You first have to talk to her some more. I know you two are friend but you have to evolve it.'

'Evolve it?'

'Yeah! I'll help you.'

Neville sighed.

'She's never going to want me. I might be too inexperienced.'

'Neville.. people don't look at it.'

'You can say that very easily I bet you're very experienced.'

You shook your head but had to laugh a bit at his comment.

'I am but that doesn't mean that she is. I'm not Luna. Luna hasn't had a boyfriend before. She the same as you are. Don't worry too much about that.'

Neville looked at you.

'Fine, I'll let you help me.'

You smiled brightly.

'Good!'

~

'Draco you have to eat.' Pansy said.

Draco was just staring at you. He hadn't touched any food. He wasn't hungry.. Like he wasn't hungry for the past couple of weeks.

'I don't want to.' He just said.

'Staring at her won't make her come back to you.'

'Nothing will make her come back to me. Look how happy she is with Neville.'

Draco laid his hand in his arms on the table. Pansy hated to see him like that. She never knew that you meant this much to Draco. It was hurting her to see that he couldn't function without you. She hated to admit this but you were the one he needed.

'You have to win her back. You first need to regain your strength by eating and then you can chase away every guy who talked to her.'

Draco sighed and took a small bite from the plate that Pansy made for him.

'Why can't you sleep at night? We have to fix that too.'

'It's nothing you can fix.' He sighed.

He looked back at you. You two had eye contact for a moment but you looked away again. Draco sat back a little.

'Maybe I can.' Pansy said.

'You can't.' Draco stated.

'Not if I don't know what the problem is.'

Draco didn't want to tell her. She could think that he was weak and that was the last thing he wanted. Hogwarts was already going to be hell for him. He started to question why he even came back.

'I have nightmares.' He just said. 'When I don't sleep I can't get them.'

Pansy laid her hand on his shoulder.

'Don't. I don't want her to think that we're a thing.'

Pansy rolled her eyes and let him go. She looked at you for a moment. Laughing with Neville. She didn't get how you could be okay.. maybe you were just pretending.

'I love her Pansy. I'm sorry that I'm like this but I really think this is my only chance. To come back and get her back. I need her to survive.'

'If you can't get her back you have to move on Draco.'

'To who?! A witch?! They all know who I am. Not even a witch with the dirtiest blood would love me now. And I can't date a muggle. You know I can't.'

Pansy wished that she could disagree. But she knew he was right.

'See even you know it.'

Draco got up.

'Draco-'

'No, I'm going to the common room. I hate this. I can't do this. I'll see you later.'

He walked away. You watched him leave. Neville looked back.

'We're not even allowed to go.'

'He didn't eat.' You just said.

'What?' Neville asked you.

'Dray- Draco.. He didn't eat.'

'Y/N he's not your responsibility. You gave it your all and he know what he chose. He has to move on. Just like you're moving on.'

Were you even moving on. You didn't know if you were. You still paid so much attention to him. It hurt you to see him hurt.. to know that he's hurt because he doesn't have you. But you didn't want to go through the same pain again.

'Yeah he has to..' You just said.