78 ~ cliff

Next chapter..

-

A few days later you were just sitting alone at the lake. You sometimes needed some time alone. You were still stuck with what you did. You didn't know why you punched that guy.. why you stood up for Draco. You should have walked away.

'Hi.'

Neville sat down besides you. You two didn't really talk about that incident. You knew what he thought about it.

'Hey.'

'You okay?' He asked.

'Yeah just thinking.. about that guy and stuff.'

'Oh yeah..'

You didn't say anything and just looked past he lake. You saw Hermione and Ginny laughing in the distant. You wished they'd pay more attention to you. They didn't..  no attention at all. The didn't care.

'You think I shouldn't have punched him, right?'

'Yeah.. it wasn't a smart move. I think he's going to come after you at some point.'

'Let him. I don't care.'

'Y/N maybe you should care.'

You looked at Neville. He sounded annoyed. You didn't know why he was annoyed.

'What?'

'You say you don't care but maybe you should care. You're not a person that hits people or that just ignores people who want to talk to you. You're sweet, not this stubborn and mean.'

'Exuse me, I'm not mean. I don't know why I did that.'

'Because you care. You care about Draco. God just get back with him already.'

You looked at him.

'Get back with him already? Neville I don't think you have any idea what he has done to me. I can't just get back with him already.'

'You're making this way more complicated then it is.'

'Okay so you clearly don't understand me. Wow I thought you did, how could I be so wrong?'

You got up and started walking away.

'Go ahead! Just walk away again!' Neville yelled.

So now you basically had no one. Ginny and Hermione were busy, Neville hated you now, you couldn't stand Draco and Pansy right now and your old friends didn't come back.

You missed Ron. He'd understand. You two were super close.. maybe you should write him.. no the chances that he'd tell Hermione were big. You didn't want her to know. You actually wished no one knew.

You started heading towards the common room. Were you making this more difficult then it should be? Probably.. or maybe not. It was almost Christmas already.

You weren't planning on going home. Neville as also staying so that was good.. if he still wanted to hang out with you.

You walked into the common room and made your way to the couch. There were a few people there. You just stared at the fireplace.

'Neville is looking for you.'

You looked up and saw Luna. During this year people could just go to any common room. Everyone could be friends with anyone.

'I don't want to see him right now.' You said while looking back at the fireplace.

Luna sat down besides you.

'Listen to yourself, not to others. It's a hard decision to make. Draco bring a lot of problem with him.'

'He told you?' You just asked her.

She softly nodded.

'Of course he did.' You sighed.

'Draco loves you Y/N. But you have to figure out if you still love him.'

You looked at her.

'What do I do? What do I have to do to find out what I want? Currently it's like..' You tried to come up with something to compare it with. 'It's like I'm on the edge of a cliff and Draco is standing infront of me. The bottom of the cliff is a life without me and on the ground is a life with me. Its like Draco can't move and I can either push him down or pull him back.'

That was the best explanation you could give. You couldn't say it differently. You were the boss about this.

'And what is your instinct telling you to do?' Luna asked.

'My mind is saying push.. and my heart is saying pull. And they're constantly fighting each other. The one moment I want to push him down the cliff and the other moment I just want to pull him towards me. It's like.. I can't tell my mind and heart apart.'

Luna finally got what made this all so bad for you. It was confusing but clear at the same time. She really wanted to help you but she didn't know how.

'The one moment I punch a guy in the face to help him and the other moment I'm just ignoring him and running away.'

'The guy you punched in Robert Stone. He's a 7th year.. besides Harry, Draco loved teasing him too.'

You sat back a little and let out a deep sigh.

'Everyone hates Draco here..'

'He was a death eater and basically betrayed the entire school.'

You knew that that exactly what happened. The scene replayed itself in your head and you quickly tried to push it away.

'What do I do? I don't know what to do.'

Luna couldn't make this decision for you.

'You have to find our what you think is right. Do you listen to your mind or heart?'

You couldn't say anything. She got up and walked away. She gave you more questions then answers. Hermione and Ginny walked in after here. They both looked at you. You looked at them at smiled.

'Is everything okay?' Hermione asked.

'Why wouldn't it be?'

'Erm.. we knew Draco is back-'

'I was clear that day, wasn't I?'

You didn't want them to interfere in this. You didn't want Harry and Ron to know that you might be getting back together with him. It was your choice.. They would strongly discourage you to do so.

'Maybe seeing him changed your mind. We know what Draco does to you.' Hermione said.

'Seeing him didn't change anything. Don't worry about me.'

You got up and walked up to your room. This was getting out of hand. You had to make a choice.. and fast. This wasn't fair to anyone. Not to yourself, not to Draco, Not to pansy, not everyone else. Maybe you just didn't want to face him, or maybe you felt weak for liking him? You had no idea. This was a mess..