47 ~ we need to talk

You walked into the potions classroom and saw professor Slughorn. He had lined up some potions at the back of the class.

'Come in! Go stand over there. We'll begin in a moment.'

You walked to the back of the class and held you book tightly. You saw Draco come in, you hadn't spoken to him since two days ago. Hadn't even seen him. He walked passed you and stopped in the corner with his friends. Hermione came in and stood besides you.

'Are you okay?' She whispered.

You glanced and Draco before looking at her. You nodded.

'Welcome everyone! As you all know by now, I am professor Slughorn. I will be giving you potions this year. We will start by examining these potions-'

Harry and Ron walked in at that moment. Slughorn turned around. Hermione sighed and shook her head.

'Ah.. Harry, My boy, I was beginning to worry!brought someone with you I see.'

'Ron Weasley, sir.'

You saw lavender in the corner of your eyes. She was dreaming staring at Ron. Hermione shot her a look.

'But I'm terrible at potions... so I'm probably just gonna-'

Harry blocked Rons path to the door.

'Nonsense! We'll taught you out, ever friend of Harry is a friend of mine. Get your books out.'

'Uhm sir.. I actually don't have my book yet and nor does Ron.' Harry said.

'Not to worry, go get yourself one from the cupboard. Now, as I was saying I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?'

You and Hermione both raised your hands.

'Yes.. miss...'

'Y/L, sir.' You said.

You stepped forwards towards the potions and looked at then.

'That one there.. is Veritaserum. It's a truth telling serum.' You said while pointing at one of the potions.

'And that one.. is-'

Everyone looked up as they saw the two boys fighting near the cupboard. When they stopped you continued.

'And this one.. is quiet tricky to make. It's Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell different to each person according to what attracts them. For example I smell..'

You stepped a bit closer and smelled the potions. Lovely smells entered your nose.

'Broomstick polish.. trackletards and... hairgel.'

Draco looked at you and you shot him a small nearly invisible look and walked back.

'Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible.' Slughorn continued. Three girls, including Lavender, stepped closer towards the Amirtentia, trying to smell it. Draco took a few small steps, trying to approach it without anyone seeing it. You saw it though.

He smelled the smell of old books, Y/F/F (your favourite flower) and a strong sense of one of your parfumes. He quickly stood back.

'But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason it's probably the most dangerous potion in this room.'

Slughorn quickly closed the pot it was in and the girls stepped back.

'Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one.'

Slughorn walked towards a small droplike bottle and he took it. You recognised it.. liquid luck..

'Oh yes, what you see before you ladies and gentlemen is a curious little potions known as Felix Felicis. Which is more commonly referred to as-'

'Liquid luck..' Hermione said.

'Yes! Very good miss..'

'Granger.' She said.

'Liquid luck.'

Draco was suddenly very interested. You didn't know what suddenly changed.

'Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. With one sip you will find thay all of your endeavours succeed.'

Draco looked at Slughorn. You sighed and also looked back at the front.

'At least until the effects wear off.. so.. this is what I offer each of you, today. A tiny bottle of luqiud luck to the student who in the hour that remains manages to brew an acceptable draught of living death.. the recipe for which can be found on page 10 of your books. I should point out however.. only once did a student managed to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless.. good luck to you all! Let the brewing commence.'

Every quickly found a table where they could work on. You opened your book and started looking through.

You found the recipe.. A lot to do. You quickly looked through the ingredients and gathered them. Then you focused on your cauldron.

-

Well that was a disaster.. how did Harry manage?! No way.. You got an Outstanding on your O.W.L.s and he can do this and you can't?! You sighed and walked out of the classroom. You were on if the last once to leave. Draco walked out after you. You grabbed his sleeve and he looked at you.

'We have to talk, astronomy tower at midnight. If you don't come we're over.' You said and you walked away.

You stepped into the common room. Hermione and Ron were sitting on the couch.

'Where's Harry?' You asked.

'Dumbledore.' Hermione sighed.

She was clearly annoyed by the fact that Harry did better at potions then she did.

'You okay hermione?' You asked.

' You and I got an Outstanding in our O.W.L.s and he succeeds?!' Hermione asked. 'Something isn't right.'

'Maybe he just got lucky.'

Ron laughed shortly. You giggled a bit and sat down.

'You gave it your best shot Hermione. I also did what the book said.. It was horrible.'

'Stupid recipe.' She sighed

'Yup..'

'Why were you waiting in the classroom by the way?' Ron asked.

'Just had to say something to Draco. It's fine.'

'Good.' Ron said. 'What shall we do?'

'I'm going to take a shower, because my hair is a mess.' Hermione sighed.

She got up and walked away.

'So.. Lavender seemed pretty interested in you.' You smirked after Hermione was gone.

'What? Lavender? Lavender Brown?' Ron asked.

'Yes. You didn't see that?' You asked.

'No.'

'Nevermind then..' you said.

Hermione came down the stairs.

'Lunch?' She asked.

-

That evening you laid in bed. Waiting for the time to pass. You were actually doubting whether or not you should go. You didn't even know what you wanted to say.

Were you going to get angry? Would you try to be understanding? Should you mention Diagon alley?

You sighed and sat up. You grabbed your wand and slowly got out of bed. You sneaked out of the room and used Lumos. You left the common room and slowly approached the astoromy tower. You walked down the moving staircase and tried to keep the portraits asleep.

You were so afraid someone would see you. You quickly hurried towards the astronomy tower and walked up the stairs.. your heart beating. Would Draco be there?