- 11 -

The young boy pulled his knees closer to himself, hoping that it would give him even just a little warmth. The pavement was harsh and cold, making him tremble against his will.

He gritted his teeth.

The snow that was just starting to fall were hitting the ground softly. They looked beautiful, but they felt awful. Really awful. Especially for a fourteen-year old boy who was wearing nothing but ragged shirt and jeans.

The coldness pierced his skin, but Yoongi would like to think that he was already numb.

He looked to the side, staring longingly at a large black gate. He was waiting for someone, for a young boy who had chubby cheeks and the cutest smile that Yoongi had ever seen.

The boy that seemed to be younger than him by a couple of years usually went out at this time of day to play. Yoongi would just gaze at him from afar, from this shadowed part of the pavement where the boy would not see him. His eyes would trace every curl of his lips, every curve of his eyes, and every playful flicks of his hand. Even his laugh was enough to make Yoongi smile as well.

He didn't really smile all that much, just spent days and nights glaring at strangers who gave him a look of pity.

But somehow, this little boy's smile gave brightness to his dim life.

So beautiful.

So precious.

Just like an angel.

And so, he always came back. He always waited, just for a chance to get a glimpse of that perfect smile.

"Whoa! The snow looks so amazing!" he heard a familiar voice from afar.

Yoongi smiled and turned his head, his eyes landing at the small figure jumping up and down.

"Suga-hyung!!!" bellowed a voice, making Suga snap his eyes open.

For a moment there, he thought it was the boy with the beautiful smile in his dream.

He grunted sleepily. "Yah, go away!"

"I cooked breakfast! Come on!"

Ugh, seriously. How could this kid be this cheerful early in the morning? He must have super powers.

Suga woke up gruggily, scowling as he did so.

Jimin chuckled, his eyes turning into two crescent moons as he regarded Suga with an amused stare. The kid looked so cute when he smiled like this. So bright...

Giving brightness to his dim life...

Upon realizing the weird thought in his mind, the older boy shook his head in a gesture of putting those thoughts away. It was not the time to reminisce the past, and most importantly, it's not the time to stare at Jimin as if he had hung the stars. Suga was being an idiot.

As he was deep in thought, he absentmindedly reached one hand out to touch the ring that was worn by his thumb. It was a plain silver ring, and the only leaving evidence of who he used to be.

His stomach grumbled.

"See, hyung? You're little tummy is already excited to eat the food I cooked!" Jimin said excitedly, jumping up and down as he waited for Suga to stand up from his bed, which he was doing very, very, very slowly.

His ancestors were the very first legendary and ancient turtles and snails. Nobody could blame him.

"Yah, just make sure that the egg is not burned this time."