- 37 -

Yoongi frowned when he heard his stomach growl. He was still waiting for the bakery to bring out their garbage bag containing their leftovers for the day. It looked like there was still some kind of celebration going on inside the bakery since there were music and a lot of people. It was already past their usual time of taking the garbage out, but it's worth waiting since Yoongi was pretty sure they've got a lot of delicious leftovers from this party they're having.

Finally, the backdoor of the bakery opened and a man placed a particularly large garbage bag outside. As soon as the man went back inside, Yoongi hurried to go to the garbage bag that he had been waiting for all night.

But before he could go near, two stout kids suddenly appeared and crowded him. They had their eyes narrowed at him.

"Where do you think you're going, huh?" One of the mean kids asked.

The other one pointed at the garbage bag that promised a good dinner and said, "You see that? That's ours."

Yoongi pursed his lips, but he did not run away. He glared up at them and hoped that it was enough to scare them away, even though he knew that it was a lost cause.

The bigger one out of the two stepped forward and pushed Yoongi so hard that he fell unto the cold ground. The other mean bully scoffed, and then the two bullies went to the garbage bag and started rummaging.

Yoongi's fisted hands were shaking. He hated them. He wanted to fight them but he knew he couldn't. He might live in the streets but he was smart. He knew fighting with them would only cause painful bruises and Yoongi did not want that.

Making sure that the bullies were not looking at him, he quickly stood up and ran away, tears streaming from his eyes as he bit his lip hard to keep more from falling. He hated being weak. He always fought off all those mean people in that awful orphanage. But... But here in the streets, the kids were bigger and meaner.

He would become stronger. He would become stronger so that no bully could just push him as if he was made of paper. Yoongi had passed by a self-defense class at that run-down building nearby. He'd watch them and learn.

He was smart after all. He could learn it easily.

These were his thoughts as he continued to run with fisted hands, hating the world for being so unfair. He finally stopped at a corner when he felt that he could no longer run. He sat and curled up against a wall, hiding his face in his knees as he sobbed quietly.

Why must this be his life?

Why did others have a better one?

Why-

"Umm... Are you crying?" a small voice suddenly asked, making Yoongi freeze on spot. He slowly looked up and saw that a kid was curiously looking at him with sad eyes.

Yoongi glared at him, but it did not scare the other away.

"Uh, I have a box of chocolates here, if you want," the kid with puffy cheeks said, handing a box of chocolates that made Yoongi's stomach growl.

Yoongi didn't like getting pitied on, but he was really hungry now. Still glaring, he grabbed the box harshly from the other kid's small hands. Instead of running away, the kid only giggled at him, his eyes turning into cute crescent moons.

Yoongi stared at him in awe because the boy was so cute. He was like...an angel. It was then that Yoongi felt a weird sensation inside his chest. Was his heart pumping fast? He did not know, but it felt like it was beating fast, like he had just ran a mile.