Questions

Hey guys! So, third chapter is already here! That was fast. Anyway, here's the new chapter! :)

-Luna's POV-

So...my gem was a moonstone and this was a problem.

After I crashed on the couch that night, since the bed I woke up in was Steven's, all of us had breakfast the next morning. Or more like Steven and I. Apparently gems don't need to eat, or sleep like humans. Although Amethyst likes the idea of both, the idea of eating disgusts Pearl. When I asked, she shivered, "Just eating a bunch of mush and swallowing that same mush it's- ugh!"

Steven and I finished our breakfast, and now, it was time for Questions with the Gems. I looked at them and asked, "Why is it bad that my gem is a moonstone?"

"It's not bad your a gem," said Amethyst, "Gems are great!"

"Being a gem is great in some ways," said Pearl, looking at Amethyst then back to me, "But with you...you have a gem that can be quite powerful."

"How?"

"Well, duh!" said Amethyst, putting her hand on her hip, "Your a moonstone. The moon can do tons of things; it brings light at night, it watches the stars, it causes waves on the beach; you practically have the power of the night!"

I looked wide eyed at all three of them. "All that power in this gem?!"

They nodded. "But," Garnet said, "It can be dangerous if you don't know how to control it. And if you know that you are a moonstone."

"That's why those creatures have been chasing you," said Pearl, "You knew what you were deep down and they were trying to destroy you before you grew too strong."

"But now that I know," I said, putting two and two together, "more of those creatures will be after me?"

They nodded, and I moaned, letting my head fall down on the counter. "great," I said into the counter. "Don't worry Luna," I heard Steven say, "We get chased by monsters all the tie, so you don't need to fret."

"That makes me feel better," I said, looking at Steven with a blank face. His face lit up, "Really!"

I shook my head; this kid was...interesting. I looked at Pearl, "So, how did you guys know or suspect I was a moonstone?"

Pearl looked at Garnet for some reinforcement, but Garnet sighed, "We suspected because your mother was great friends with Steven's. And like her, she married a human."

"What?!" Steven and I said, slamming our hands on the counter at the same time. Pearl and Amethyst jumped back a bit from our sudden burst, but Garnet remained leaning against the counter. I looked at Garnet, confused whether I should be angry or happy at the moment. "Why didn't you guys tell me sooner?!"

"Because we weren't sure," said Garnet, "Even now there's somethings about Lucine that we still don't know, only Rose knew."

"Lucine?" I asked, confused, "But I thought gems were named after their stones?"

"They are," said Pearl, "But your mom's name means moon in another language but....what was it again?" Pearl looked at Amethyst and Garnet, but they shook their heads. The point is," Pearl continued, "Their's a lot only your mom knew about Lucine. Lucine was a gem and we were friends with her too. But being a Moonstone...she didn't want any of us getting hurt, so she lived somewhere nearby but only Rose knew because she ended up following her at one point. She was a great friend; but she kept to herself to protect us."

I looked at the counter and asked, "Do you...maybe have a picture of my mom?" I looked up, hoping to see one of them react with some sort of yes. But Pearl sighed, "We never got any pictures of her. The only place there would be pictures is at-"

"The place my mom lived," I finished. I sighed; I finally get to know something about my mom, but it only leaves more questions. Steven patted my back, "I'm sure we'll find it someday," he said, trying to cheer me up. I looked at him and smiled, "Thanks."

Then a thought occurred to me. I looked at Pearl, "How did you summon that staff?"

Pearl smiled, "Well, gems have their own kind of weapon, depending on what it is depends on how they can fight. For me, it's a staff. Garnet has her gloves and Amethyst has a whip."

"What about you, Steven?" I asked, but he lowered his head, "I don't know yet..."

"I don't know mine either," I said, "Maybe we can figure out what each of our weapons are together."

Steven smiled, and said, "Yeah! That would be great!"

"Jut one question..." I looked at the gems, "Where can I stay?"

"Here!" Steven said, spreading his arms to gesture the house. He looked at the gems, with pleading eyes, "Please can she stay here? It's not safe for her, and she's really cool! She's like a sister!" I was a bit startled by Steven's earnest begins on this; I had just met the kid and he thinks of me already as a sister?! But I couldn't help but feel happy. A sister? I never had any siblings before; I'm an only child

Before Pearl could say anything, Garnet nodded, "Of course."

Steven jumped off his chair and started yelling cheers. Pearl looked at Garnet, "But where we she sleep? We don't have an extra bed and-"

"I got a hammock," Amethyst said, and she ran towards the door with the star on it. It had five colored stones on it. Amethyst walked to the door and the purple stone glowed with her gem. The door opened and she ran into the room. When it closed behind her, I looked back at Pearl. "What was that?" I asked, curious.

"That is the temple," Garnet said, "That's where we gems stay at. You can't go in there, understand?" I nodded; I learned my lesson many times of where I can and can't go when I was little. Amethyst came back in a couple minute and was holding a tangled up hammock. She dropped it on the ground and said, "We can hook it up outside and she can sleep there."

"But she'll get cold!" Pearl said, sounding worried, "Or it may break and-"

"It's okay Pearl," I said, "I like sleeping under the stars, and I don't mind the cold. I can get a blanket and I'll be fine. Beside, that hammock has a zipper in case it rains, so I'll be able to sleep even if it rains."

Pearl seemed a little worried, but more convinced. Later, we hooked the hammock up to some of the wooden beams on the porch and my hammock was ready. Later that evening, we a campfire down at the beach and roasted some marshmallows. It was great and fun. We all went to bed, and I lied in my hammock, as it swayed to and fro with the breeze of the beach and the sound of the waves lulling me to sleep.

I looked at the moon had a little more light then it did last night, but it'll be a while before the next full moon. I smiled, "Goodnight, mom." Then pulled the sipper up in the hammock, closing me in darkness and in sleep.

....

Okay! Now this story will be following the episodes of SU, unless there's a chapter dedicated to learning more of Luna's past. Hope you guys liked the chapter and I'll try to update ASAP. :)