Cross Roads

Hey guys! So, like I said last chapter, this one will be entirely of Circo's POV, for all of you fans of Circo. And you guys know who I'm talking about -eyes the Circo fans-. Anyway! Here's another awesome drawing of Circo by kiwi, who is using his fire abilities. Like Luna, when he uses his element, it helps calm him down. Also, I have no problem with Circo; he is awesome and like the older brother to Luna. So, without further a due, it's time for Circo to come in. :D

-Circo's POV-

I had brought Luna inside of the beach house, which miraculously hadn't been destroyed. She was lying on Steven's bed, her chest rising and falling slowly. Out of all of us, it seemed Jasper really had a bone to pick with her. Pearl was now attending to my injuries, but she had recently finished Luna's. Luna had a bandage around her head and had an ice pack on her eye. She also had bandages around her throat and on her hands and arms. She had a piece of gauze on her cheek, taped down by medical tape.

As she slept, I watched her, my worries running through my head. I hadn't paid much attention to Pearl, until I felt a sharp pain in my arm.

"Gah!" I said, flinching from Pearl.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to tighten it that tight," she apologized, adjusting the wrap on my arm. She finished tying it and I mumbled a thank you.

"Circo, you need to get some rest," Pearl said.

"I'm fine," I said.

"No, your not," we both heard. We turned and saw that Garnet was standing nearby, hands on her hips. "Circo, you need rest. Luna will be fine here; she wouldn't want you being so tired like this."

I sighed and glanced up at Luna, who was still silently sleeping. I nodded, "Okay, I'll go rest." Garnet nodded, and I got up. I walked down the stairs, and out the door. I stood on the porch, looking over the beach. The remains of the ship that crashed early this morning, were lying around everywhere on the beach. I walked off the porch, and across the beach.

The sun was hot and the sand was warm on my feet. I took a deep breath and breathed it all in. It felt so good. I started to pick up the pace with my footsteps, and soon enough, I was running across the sand. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and threw it off, allowing the sun to warm up my body. I pumped my arms as I ran off the beach and into the woods behind the Car Wash. By the time I had reached the cave, I had a small fire on my left shoulder going and steam on me from the sweat that had formed, but was now quickly evaporating due to the heat.

I summoned my sword and pressed the hilt of my sword into the indent in the image of the sun. The sun glowed a golden yellow, before opening. I walked inside and up the stairs. As I did, I started to sing to myself:

(Circo) "Everybody told us gem stuffs dangerous,
I guess we didn't believe it.
Until now, I had always seemed apprehensive,
And now I'm starting to freak out,
What do I do? I don't want that for you."

I reached the top of the stairs and looked at the tropical garden my mom made so long ago. I sighed and took a step into the garden. As I walked, I passed by some sunflowers. I stopped and looked at them, remembering when I showed them to Luna. She was so excited to see them; she said that was her favorite flower. Her dad would always give her one from their garden when she was little, or so she told me. I knelt down and touched it, still singing.

(Circo) "Everybody tells me life is precious,
on the planet earth.
And that means you, and I have to protect you.
What if somehow you go away too?
What do I do?
I don't want that for you."

Memories of Luna and Sally came to my mind and tears rolled down my cheeks. Flames burst in my hands and nearly burnt the sunflowers. I quickly curled my hands, extinguishing the flames. I stood back up and looked up at the see-through ceiling. The sunlight was flowing through rather bright and I closed my eyes, remembering what had happened not too long ago.