Confused Emotions

Hey guys! So here's another awesome picture by Kiwi. It's so cool! Since Luna can see Lapis, that's what she looks like to Luna when she holds the mirror to see Lapis. Anyway, here's the new chapter! :D

-Luna's POV-

I was sitting on the edge of my mom's pool, staring at the nearly full moon tile that was glowing. My feet were in the water and I was slowly moving them back and forth. Tomorrow would be a full moon; I wonder what happened with my gem when it's a full?

"Luna?" I heard, "You down here?"

I looked over and saw that Circo had taken the secret stairs from his mom's room into my mom's room. He walked over and sat next to me. He looked at me, trying to figure out what's bothering me. I didn't say anything; I just continued slowly kicking my feet.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said, still slowly kicking my feet.

"Luna," he said, pressing the issue. I sighed, "You know what I'm upset about."

"You know Garnet and Amethyst didn't mean what they said," he said.

"But it wasn't them who said it," I said, "It was Sugilite."

"Still though," Circo said. I stopped kicking my feet in the water and pulled them out. I pulled my knees close to me and hugged them. I sighed, and stared up at the ceiling, where the crystals were glowing.

"Circo, why does everybody hate us?" I asked. This seemed to surprise him, because he flinched.

"Nobody hates us," Circo said.

"There are people who hate us," I said, "Whoever sent those Onyx creatures is out to get us. And Sugilite hated our moms. And now, since we have their gems," I said, looking at my hand, "She hates us."

"Okay, so maybe a couple people hate us," said Circo, "But a lot more people care for us. Steven, the gems, the people in this town, they all care about us."

"But WHY do the people who hates us hate us?" I asked, "Is it because were half human, half gem? Or is there more to our gems then the crystal gems are telling us?"

"Why would they hide anything from us?" Cisco asked, surprised.

"When I first got here, I got my wings. And when Garnet saw them, she said it wasn't good I was a moonstone. She never explained, and she probably won't"

"Maybe she's waiting to tell you about it?"

"Maybe," I said, putting my head on my knees. We both sat in silence for a bit, before Circo stood up, saying, "How about we head outside? I overheard Steven saying earlier that tomorrow is apparently summer break for school kids."

"Summer is your thing," I said, looking up at him.

"It can also be yours too," he said, extending his hand. I took his hand, and he helped me up. We walked up and out of my mom's room, and into the sunlight. I shielded my eyes as Circo, who was still holding my hand, led me out from the top of the hill and towards the bottom. Once in the shade of the trees, I could see better.

Circo glanced back at me, "Nice dress by the way."

"Thanks; I finally was able to get some new clothes," I said. Recently, I've been able to go clothes shopping with Connie. We were able to pick out some clothes that suited me but also would help me on my missions with the gems. Currently, I was wearing a plain yellow summer dress.

As we walked, I noticed that Steven was lying on the beach and that the sun was starting to go down. I tugged on Circo's grip. "Let's go see Steven," I said. He nodded, and we both ran over to the beach. As we got closer, I noticed Steven was holding something. When we got up to him, we heard him say, "You're my friend too!"