Tension

Hey guys! So we get to an important area in the show. Wonder what will happen between the gems and Peridot and Onyx? Let's find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"This is nice," I said, sighing. The gems, Steven, Circo, and I were taking a little break from working on the drill. Ever since the party, we've been working non-stop. Connie and Amos would come time to time to help out. They recently left for home since it was starting to get late. We stayed an hour longer and are now taking break. We stared out over the hills and enjoyed the view as the sun started to set.

Well, all of us except two.

"Steven! Luna! Circo!" we heard behind us. I looked behind me with Steven and Circo, and we saw Peridot and Onyx walking towards us, an annoyed look on their faces.

"Why did we stop working on the drill?! Why are they just sitting there looking at nothing?!" Peridot asked, sounding annoyed.

"We worked hard and we deserve to take it easy for a little bit," Steven said. "I mean just look at that view. It's beautiful."

"It's going to be blown to oblivion by the Cluster if we don't get back to work!" Onyx said, sounding like she was about to panic.

"Jet, it's okay," Circo said. "We're just taking a break."

Onyx seemed to hesitate before closing her mouth. She nodded and looked away from Circo. I raised an eyebrow; what's up with her? I looked at Peridot and said, "Working hard is important, but feeling good is important too."

"What are you talking about?!" Peridot said. She threw her arms in the air and accidentally pressed the button on the drill in her hands. The drill whirled and startled Peridot. Steven smiled and said, "Hey! What is that, a C?"

He then strummed his ukulele, trying to match the note of the drill. I smiled hummed the note, trying to hit it. Onyx and Peridot looked at us, confused. "The drill?" Onyx asked.

She looked at Peridot, who in turn pressed the button again. The drill whirled at the same note and Steven grinned, saying, "Yeah!"

Peridot pressed the button a little harder and the drill noise raised a note higher. Circo laughed and said, "Hey you guys are making music."

"Music?" Onyx asked. She looked Steven and I in confusion. "Yeah! It's music!" Steven said. He stood up and started strumming his ukulele, saying, "Like this, do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do."

"Do-mi-so-do..." Peridot said, trying to understand. I giggled and stood next to Steven, saying in a sing song voice, "Isn't it pretty?"

"That's exceedingly simple," Peridot said. She placed a hand under her chin and started to think. Onyx listened to Steven play his ukulele and said, "Do-mi-so-ti..."

"We're making music," Steven said, in a sing song voice.

"What is the point? You're not making anything," Peridot said. Circo stood up next to me and said, "Well, if it isn't anything, then why does it sound so good?"

"I suppose it's just interest... Do-mi-so-do. Devoid of substance or purpose, a hypothetical pattern... Do-mi-so-ti. For the satisfaction of bringing it to completion," Peridot said, trying to figure this out.

"Sure," Steven said, playing the ukulele now. "Do-mi-so-ti. Interest without meaning? Solutions without problems?" Onyx asked.

"And then you just add words. Here's what we've have been working on," Steven said, looking Circo and I. I smiled and sang along to the music. "Life and death and love and birth and peace and war on the planet earth."