The Cotton Candy Lion

Hey guys! Again, I'm skipping a few episodes to get to some important ones to keep the flow moving. Anyway, here's the new chapter!

-Luna's POV-

"Water," Steven gasped, "I need water."

I rolled my eyes, although I do admit, being in this desert is killing me. It's been nearly a week since the Gem Sea worm incident. Since then, we've had a few incidents where Steven tried to be serious, and then Steven and Garnet became wrestlers. All the while, my leg made a full recovery, and Circo got to know the gems a bit better. Even now, he's with us on our trip in this desert. He seemed to be enjoying the heat of the sun and the brightness. Steven and I...well, there's a reason why the moon and sun are opposites.

I took another long draft of my water bottle, technically my mom's but still. What made this really cool, is that the bottle is coated in a thin layer of ice that came from the pool in my mom's home. It keeps it cool, until it melts into the water bottle, where at that point, I can't drink, because it has to go back into the pool. Surprisingly, the ice has lasted this long. I wonder how long it will last? I'm not planning on finding that out.

"It will be better if you stand up," said Pearl, looking down at Steven, who at this point was crawling. I sighed and helped him up. He slung his arm across my shoulder, and I opened my water bottle. I moved my fingers lightly and a small sphere of water came out of the bottle, and I made it float into Steven's mouth. It popped in his mouth and he swallowed it.

"Well," I heard. I looked over and saw Circo, who had just seen me help Steven, "Your getting better at using your gem."

I nodded, "Hey, you got to have something to do when you can't walk for a week."

He laughed and Steven said, "Is this the thing? The place?" He looked at Garnet and she nodded. "Yes Steven. The power in the structures have turned aimless."

I titled my head, looking at the columns of sand. "How so?"

"How so?!" Pearl said, shocked, "It's building columns with no roofs! Stairs that go nowhere! This is out of control!" I looked over at Circo, and he shrugged his shoulders; still not getting. Amethyst and Pearl started arguing, and Circo leaned towards me, mumbling, "Do they always argue?"

"Eh, pretty much," I said. Steven looked at us, worried. I patted him on the back for reassurance. Just then, there was a loud roar. We all looked up, even Amethyst and Pearl. "What was that?" Steven asked, curious but worried.

"Let's go!" Amethyst shouted. "It'll be best if you three stay here," Garnet commented.

"What if something eats me?!" Steven said, worried.

"Don't worry," I said, "Whatever it is, will have to get through Circo and I first!"

"Yeah!" he said, "Wait what?"

The gems ran on ahead, and the three of us took refuge under a shady column. Steven fanned himself and I gave him the water bottle. He drank from it, and passed it to Circo, who in turned took a sip, and passed it to me. "How come your not affected by this heat?" I asked Circo, putting the water bottle to my forehead, allowing the coldness to cool me off.

"My gem is a sun stone, so anything with heat doesn't bother me," he said, leaning against the column, hands behind head.

"I guess whenever it's cold it doesn't bother me then," I said, wondering if that was true.

"I wonder if there's anything else your gem can do, Luna," said Steven, "You did create those wings one time."

"Wings?!" Circo said, sitting up to look at me.

"Yeah. When I first found out about my gem, it gave me wings."

"I wonder if I can get wings too?"

"Maybe...or you may get a protective bubble like Steven's."

"What if you both had bubbles?"

I looked at Circo, "Well, again, we don't know." Just then, we heard a growl and we all looked up. On the horizon, a shadowy figure was walking towards us. Steven quickly stood up, and Circo and I followed suit. We all went behind the pillar.

"Good thing this column was here," Steven said, and we nodded. But suddenly, the column disappeared, and behind it, was a big, pink furred lion. We all jumped back, Steven falling to the ground. I went to grab my bow, but cursed under my breath. I forgot my bow. I stood in front of Steven, arms out to protect him. Circo lifted the hem of his shirt a little and his gem started to glow. He seemed to reach for something on his gem, and he pulled out a sword. The blade of the sword was a golden color that shined in the light. The hilt of the sword was a coppery color and on the bottom of the hilt, was a replica of Circo's gem. He pointed it at the lion, but the lion walked right past Circo, towards us.

Circo turned to fight it, but before he could, the lion looked at Steven and I. It yawned and lied down in front of us. Circo lowered his sword, which disappeared. "He's harmless," he said, sounding disappointed.

"Aw, he just wanted attention," Steven said, going forward and petting the lion. I relaxed; that would've been bad if it wasn't friendly. Circo eyed the lion suspiciously, but I decided to pet the lion. It's fur really was soft. Something about it being pink made me curious. "I wonder why it's pink," I commented. The lion raised it's head and looked towards the horizon. It let out a loud roar, sending a sound wave echoing across the sand. We all covered our ears at the roar, but then looked.

"What the heck was that?!" Circo said, getting ready to pull out his sword.

"I don't know," I said. Just then, we all heard a loud bang, and we heard the gems coming back. Steven stood up, "They're coming back!" Lion stood up at this point, and Steven ran over to him, "Quick! Put my head in your mouth!"

"Steven! What will that accomplish?!" I nearly screamed. Just then, the gems came and Pearl gasped, when she saw us and lion. "Steven, Luna, Circo! What are you doing?!"

"It's okay!" I said, pulling Steven away from Lion's mouth, "This lion is friendly!"

"Yeah, he's tamed!" Steven piped in.

Pearl raised an eyebrow, "That's impossible."

"No it's not! I taught him how to say 'I love you'", Steven said.

"What?" said Circo, but I elbowed him in the ribs. "Just roll with it," I said through my teeth, as Steven moved Lion's mouth to say 'I love you.'

"I-I love you too!" said a very emotional Amethyst. Pearl put her weapon away and told Steven to stay away from lion. "We have to get this desert glass out of here," at this, she glared at Amethyst, who rolled her eyes. "I got it," Amethyst said, holding on to the gem tight.

"Let's go," said Garnet, and they all started making their way to the warp pad. Steven stayed behind to say good-bye. Circo and I waited for Steven. "I wonder why it roared earlier," I said, waiting for Steven.

"I don't know," said Circo, "But that sounded like it was calling something."

"Like what?"

"Maybe others like him?"

"Could their be others like him?!"

He shrugged his shoulder, "Beats me." Just then, Steven caught up and we all ran to catch up with the gems. Little did we know that Circo's theory was right on the mark.

...

I wonder what animals lion called? Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update ASAP. :)