Detective Doug

Hey guys! We're back with Luna and the gang as things continue on in Beach City. What will happen today? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"Thanks for the bits, Peedee," Steven said, as he and I each grabbed a bag of fry bits. I glanced at Amos and Connie, who both looked excited to have some fry bits. Our group started to leave, Steven saying quickly, "Oh, and tell Ronaldo I hope his weird rash clears up soon."

I shivered at the thought and quickened my pace. It had been a few days since Navy left Earth and Onyx was poofed. I haven't heard any news of Onyx reforming, but Circo goes to visit Lapis and Peridot every day to check up on her. I'm concerned for both Circo and Onyx. Lapis and Peridot reassure me that they'll let me know as soon as she returns. But nothing so far. Steven must've noticed how I've been because he invited Connie and Amos over to the Beach House today to hang out. So far, we've walked down the beach and had just gotten ourselves some fry bits. The four of us sat down on a bench, each of us pairing off with someone else for a bag of fry bits.

Amos and I shared a bag while Connie and Steven shared one. We all ate our bits in silence, at least until Steven said, "Life can get really intense, huh?"

Amos nodded, swallowing the food in his mouth, "Yeah, especially you and Luna's life. You guys had to deal with alien abduction."

"Going to a weird zoo for humans in space," I commented, looking up at the sky. Connie had been counting what we already listed and she lifted a third finger, saying, "And sneaking out past a pair of intergalactic tyrants!"

We all chuckled at Connie's enthusiasm. Steven lifted a fry bit and held it up, looking at it and the sky. "Well, it's nice to know that we can still have peaceful days like this without any trouble," Steven commented.

"I couldn't agree more," I said, grabbing some more fry bits. I was looking at Steven as I said this, so I wasn't paying much attention to what I grabbed in the bag. I lifted my hand and looked to each the hand full of fry bits I got. Instead, I was holding Amos' hand in mine. I looked up at him and saw he was struggling to keep from laughing. I let go of his hand, saying, "You were just going to let me eat your hand?!"

Amos burst into laughter, as well as Connie and Steven. Just then, we all heard, "Hey kids!"

We all turned and saw a police car on the road. A man was leaning out of the car, holding a megaphone up. He spoke through it, saying, "Drop those fry bits! Drop em'!"

"Oh no, it's the cops!" Steven said in shock. Amos and Connie looked at the police car oddly, trying to figure it out. I looked at Steven in concern as he said, "All the years of ordering off menu have finally come back to taunt me!"

"You mean haunt you?" I asked, correcting Steven's wording. Amos smirked, "Steven, that's not even a police car, it's just my-"

But Steven got up and started walking over to the car. He lifted his hands in the air and stopped, saying sadly, " I surrender! I knew I was breaking the rules but, I did it anyway! The bits had their hooks in meeee."

Connie got up and ran over to Steven, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. She laughed saying to the man, "Dad, quit joking around!"

"Come on, Connie I almost had him!" Her dad said, lowering the megaphone. Steven's eyes widen and so did mine. But Steven said, "Mr. Maheswaren!?"

Steven collapsed to the ground in relief. Amos and I jumped to our feet and rushed over. Mr. Maheswaren put down his megaphone in the car and walked over. "Wow, I didn't think he would take it that seriously," He said. He squatted down next to Steven, asking, "You okay there Steven?"