Three is a Crowd

Hey guys! So were back with the new home gems. Seems like things are pretty tense with them. Looks like it's time for Steven, Luna and Circo to help. Let's jump in and see how this will turn out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"And then I'll say, "Hey, as one refugee to another, it isn't so bad that we can't go back to Homeworld, am I right? Why don't we watch the sun come up and figure out what we're going to do with all this time, eh Lazuli?" And then she'll say, "Yes Peridot, as impressed I was by you on the ship, I am even more impressed with your new compact look and capacity for friendship! I'm so glad we're going to live together!" Peridot, Facet," Peridot said I to her tape recorder.

Circo, Onyx and I all sighed and either did a face palm or pinch the bridge of our nose. Currently, Steven, Circo and I were trying to help Lapis, Onyx and Peridot all love together without one hating the other. Peridot seemed obviously optimistic about this whole thing. But Onyx felt the tension between her and Lapis. Lapis looked between Peridot and Onyx, a look of annoyance on her face.

She then looked to the three of us and said, "This isn't gonna work."

"Wait what?" Peridot said, surprised. Lapis looked at me and said, "I really thought I would be living alone here."

I bit my lip and said, "Well..." But Steven jumped in, saying, "Yeah, but this is even better! Oh here, how about this? I saw this on an episode of a TV show! I didn't see how it ended, but I'm sure it worked out right."

I didn't mention to Steven what show it was and how it ended. He pulled a purple marker out of his pocket and said, "We'll divide this place in half, you'll both have your own space." He started to draw the line across the floor, saying, "High ceilings, real wood floors, convenient location on the heart of the country; so what do you think, roomies?"

Peridot, Onyx and Lapis looked around. Peridot smiled and said, "I like the cut of your gem, Steven Quartz!"

"Agreed," Onyx said, smiling. But Lapis shook her head saying, "No! No way!"

"What's the problem? You're the one getting all the good stuff! You've got the propeller and paint cans on your side! You can do tons with those!" Peridot said. She seem to hesitate as she studied the paint cans. "Actually, I want the paint cans - you wanna trade something?" She asked.

Lapis glared at Peridot and growled, " I don't care about paint cans. That's not the problem."

I nervously glanced at Circo, who in turn returned the look. Both of us knew what the problem was, but apparently not Steven. "What's wrong, Lapis?" He asked, sounding concerned. Lapis sighed and said, "It's them."

"Huh?!" Peridot said, shocked. Lapis' face grew angry as she said, "They're the problem. I can't stand the thought of looking at them everyday. They're the ones who dragged me back to Earth!"

"Hey that wasn't my fault!" Peridot said, holding her hands up. "We needed an informant and Onyx insisted that you would be perfect."

Onyx looked alarmed and pulled her scarf up to her nose, looking embarrassed. Lapis glared at Onyx and said, "You used me like everyone else did!"

"Look, I had my...reasons," Onyx muttered. But then she looked at Lapis and said earnestly, "But it's not like that anymore! It's different now; we're different."

Circo stepped forward and said, "It's true, Lapis! They have really come into their own since they've been living on Earth."

"We sabotaged our mission! I helped save the Earth! We even yelled at Yellow Diamond! She's probably sending a whole fleet to find us and shatter us right now. We're kind of a big deal; a big Anti-Homeworld Deal!" Peridot said, emphasizing the last point. Onyx looked at Peridot nervously, but Peridot smiled proudly about being an outlaw. Lapis stepped towards the three of us, Onyx and Peridot standing behind her with nervous looks.