Reconnecting

Hey guys! We're back with Luna and company as Luna now must convince her dad not to leave Beach city. But will it work? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"So that's how you two got the money," I said, as the burger commercial ended. Mr. Greg, Pearl, Steven, my dad and I were watching the commercial that made both my dad and Mr. Greg rich. Mr Greg nodded and said, "Yeah. Apparently, Marty sold our song as a burger jingle, and now we're filthy stinking rich."

My dad side hugged me and said, "Isn't this great, Luna? We can finally get a home and move out of Beach City."

"Dad, I said no," I said, looking at him. He gave me a sad smile and said, "I know you don't want to move but-"

"But nothing. You don't get a right to control my life since you haven't been here for the majority of it. Leave if you want, but I'm staying here," and with that, I turned on my heels and walked away, heading towards the beach house. I burst through the door and startled Circo. He looked up from where he sat on the counter, a worried look on his face. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I sat next to him, saying, "It's my dad. He's still talking about moving even though he knows I don't want to leave."

"I'm sure things will work out," Circo said. "You guys just need to talk things out."

I raised a skeptical eyebrow at him, asking, "Kind of how you and Amos need to talk things out?"

"That's a different situation with very different circumstances," Circo said quickly. I giggled and stared out the window, seeing Pearl coming up the steps and into the house. She walked over to me and said, "It'll be alright. We won't let you leave."

"I'm not budging an inch," I said, smiling. Just then, the door to the house opened and Mr. Greg and Steven came running in, quickly packing things up. Steven looked up at Pearl and I, saying, "Let's bring Pearl and Luna along!"

Pearl flinched and I smiled, confused. "To where?" I asked, getting down from my seat at the counter. My dad burst through the door and said, "We're going to Empire City!"

Now I flinched and frowned, not wanting to go knowing my dad was going to be there. Steven grinned at all of us and said, "Come on guys! It'll when fun! The five us, plus my mom and Luna's mom!"

I winced and knew there wasn't anyway out of it. Circo got off his seat and asked, "What about me?" Mr. Greg smiled at him and said, "You can help Amos out at the car wash while we're away. It'll help you two get to know each other a bit."

Circo flinched and I giggled. Seems like I won't be the only one feeling uncomfortable for the next day or two. Later that day, Steven, Mr. Greg, Pearl, my dad and I drove out of Beach City, heading to Empire City. By the time we got there, the sun had set and the city lights were almost as bright as the sun during the day. Mr. Greg pulled up to a fancy hotel, and we got out, looking at it in awe. "Wow," I breathed, walking in with everybody into the hotel. Mr. Greg walked over to the receptionist and handed him a business card. Steven placed a stack of dollar bills on the counter and the receptionist looked up at the five of us in surprise.

"Hey shake a leg!" The receptionist shouted. Immediately, a lot of hotel employees poked their heads out, shouting, "Hey shake a leg!"

The receptionist gestures to Mr. Greg and said, "It's Mr. Greg!"

"It's Mr. Greg!" The receptionist repeated. They each picked us up, even Pearl who looked really stiff. They brought us into the dining room as the receptionist said, "And he's here to spend his dough, all over the town!"