Drag Race Hill

Hey guys! So we're back with Luna and the gang as they continue with their adventures in Beach City. Wonder what new adventure starts today? Let's check in and see! :D

-Luna's POV-

"So I put my foot here if I want to start the engine?" I asked Amos, putting my foot on the lever. Amos laughed and said, "Yes Luna. It's like pulling the cord on a lawnmower to start it."

"I never started a lawnmower before," I commented. Amos chuckled and said, "Just kick the lever."

I nodded and kicked down hard on the lever. The motorcycle sputtered to life and a low rumble came from the engines, indicating that the motorcycle was started. I grinned and said, "I did it! That wasn't so bad!"

"I told you," Amos said, turning the key in the ignition off. Steven, Connie and I were down by the car wash, hanging out with Amos and Mr. Greg. Steven and Connie were with Mr. Greg as he showed off his new car. It was a used Dondai Supremo, and from the look of it, it was in good shape. Amos wanted to teach me how to ride a motorcycle but the most I got to learn was to stay balanced on it and how to start it.

Amos helped me off the motorcycle and we walked over to Steven and Connie, where they were washing the Dondai. Suddenly, I felt the ground vibrate and I looked down, seeing that the ground was shaking. I looked up and saw a yellow sports car pull quickly into the car wash, nearly hitting Mr. Greg. The window rolled down and I froze upon seeing who it was driving the car. It was Kevin.

He looked at Mr. Greg and said, "Give me a wash, old man."

Mr. Greg grabbed a bucket and sponge quickly, saying, "Uh, right away, young man."

"Who is that?" Amos asked, confused. I shuddered and said, "That's Kevin."

Amos blinked in surprise. "The one you told me about that Circo beat up that one time?" He asked, looking at Kevin. It was barely visible, but I could see the hint of a fading bruise on Kevin's cheek. I nodded and said, "Yeah. He's not very nice."

To price my point, he scolded Mr. Greg for not being careful with his car. Steven ran up and stood in between his dad and Kevin, shouting, "Back off, Kevin! He's not a Grandpa! He's just a regular Pa!"

Kevin looked at Steven and said, "Have we met before? I think I'd remember a twerp like you."

"You do remember a twerp like me!" Steven shouted. I flinched at his volume and walked over, saying, "Whoa buddy. Take it easy. Don't give him the time of day."

Kevin squinted his eyes at me and said, "Aren't you that punk that called me a coward?"

I gave him a steady look and said, "And what if I am?"

"Well it wouldn't matter. Words like that don't matter to me since they come from nobodies," He commented. He rolled up his window and drove off, his engine puffing smoke in all of our faces. We all coughed and Mr. Greg said, "Hey! He forgot to... Eh, what do I care? I'm rich."

Steven growled and shouted to the air, "I hate Kevin!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch the four letters, schtuball. Hate's a strong word," Mr. Greg said, surprised. Steven muttered under his breath, "It's a strong feeling too."

"Do you guys know him?" Mr. Greg asked, looking at me. I nodded and said, "When Steven and Connie were Stevonnie and Circo and I were Bloodstone, Kevin kept trying to ask Stevonnie to dance."

"It was...uncomfortable," Connie said, rubbing her arm. Steven then shouted, "He was a creep!"

"Steven!" Mr. Greg said, shocked.