Searching for Answers

Hey guys! We're finally back with Luna and the gang after celebrating Luna's birthday. What's going to happen now? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw were beautiful, pink flowers. They slowly swayed in a breeze, along with the grass all around me. I blinked in surprise, wondering what and where I was. Suddenly, I heard my dad's voice, repeatedly calling my name. I closed my eyes and opened them again, this time actually awake and staring at the ceiling of a car.

I sat up at the same time Steven did next to me. We both looked at each other and I noticed that he had tears running down his cheeks. "Steven? You okay?" I asked. He nodded and said, "I should be asking you that question. Why are you crying?"

I blinked and felt large tears wash down my cheeks. I wiped my eyes and said, "Don't ask me that when you've been crying yourself."

Now Steven blinked in surprise and wiped his eyes. I looked around, trying to remember what had happened. It wasn't just Steven and I, but Greg and my dad were here too. All four of us were having a movie night and were watching a movie in Mr. Greg's van. I looked to my dad and asked, "Dad, what happened?"

"Well, you and Steven fell asleep during the movie," He explained. "So Greg and I let you sleep, since you both looked so cute."

"But then you guys started crying, which was less cute," Greg said. Steven and I laughed a little as Steven said, "I dunno why I was crying. M-my dream wasn't really sad."

"Yeah, me too," I said. Greg looked at the watch on his wrist, saying, "Oh gee, look at the time, and my classy new watch." My dad rolled his eyes and said, "Let's get you guys back to the house."

Steven and I nodded as we all got out of the van. We walked back to the house, my dad and Greg talking to each other about the movie. I glanced at Steven and asked, "So what was your dream about?"

"It...had pink flowers and green fields in it," Steven said. "And...that' it really."

My eyes widen and said, "Steven, that's the exact same dream I had."

"What?! Wait, did you peek into my dreams again?"

I shook my head, "Normally, if I go into someone else's dream, I wake up in the black void beforehand. But...I just woke up in that grass field and flowers."

Steven thought about it for a moment, unsure of what this meant. But his thoughts were interrupted by his dad saying, "Eh, you guys didn't miss much. Turns out they were abducting cows 'cause they needed milk for their cereal planet."

By this time, we had reached the Beach House and were in front of the steps. Under the porch, I could somewhat see Sora and Astra sound asleep. Steven and I stopped on the stairs and exchanged looks. We both nodded in agreement and I asked, "Dad, Mr. Greg...can we ask you a question?"

"Of course," My dad said. I furrowed my brow and looked at them, asking "Did our moms....ever mention anything about Pink Diamond?"

My dad's face fell and he looked to Greg for support. Greg rubbed the back of his neck, saying, "There were some things your moms didn't like to talk about. We never pressed them for details."

"Why not?" Steven asked, sounding upset. My dad and Greg sat down on the stairs and gestured for Steven and I to join. We joined our respective dad as Greg said, "Rose and I talked about tons of important stuff. And so did Jericho and Lucine. For Rose and I, it was music, comic books, getting sand between your toes, y'know, feelings."