Testing for Answers

Hey guys! We're back with Luna and the others after a pretty intense dream experience. How will things go after this whole event? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"What?" Steven asked, shocked.

I looked up from the book I was reading and stared at Circo and Steven. It had been a few days since the nightmare incident with Circo. Circo didn't say anything about the incident, but I could tell how upset he had been. I tried cheering him up or trying to get him to talk about it. But he either avoided me altogether or changed the subject. Luna had decided to leave him be, though she really wanted to talk to Circo about it. It didn't only other her that Circo had that dream, but the fact that his mom's memory was his dream. Luna didn't mention this to the gem, but she did to Steven. Steven told her it happened to him a few times where he had dreams of his mom or of something cryptic with her. But nothing like what happened with Circo. We decided to talk to Circo about this the next time he came over.

But we weren't prepared for his request when he did come over. He looked at Steven as I stood up. Circo repeated himself, "Could you let me see your mom's room?"

"Why?" Steven asked, glancing at me. I walked over to Steven and looked at Circo. "Circo, you can't be in there by yourself," I explained. "Steven has to be with you in order to-"

"I know," He said. "I actually want you both to be with me."

Steven and I looked at each other then looked back at Circo. "What is it your going to do?" I asked. Circo didn't say anything as he looked down at the floor. After a moment, he looked back up and said, "I want to talk to my mom."

Steven flinched and my eyes widen. Steven smiled nervously, saying, "W-Well, my mom's room doesn't really work like that. I mean, you can make your mom appear but she won't be exactly who she was. I've...tried and it didn't work."

"I...just want to see her," Circo said. He turned around, facing towards the temple door. "I'm guessing Luna already told you about the recent dream I had," He said. I flinched and neither Steven or I said anything. Circo continued, "Ever since that dream, and with everything that's been going on, I want to know at least a little of what my mom was like. Maybe it's all fake, but at least I can try to guess from that who she was."

He turned back around and looked at Steven. "Please, Steven," He asked. "I just have to know."

Steven looked to me for help and I nodded. Steven looked at Circo and said, "Well, okay. But if things get crazy, we're leaving."

Circo smiled and nodded. Steven walked towards the temple door, Circo and I right behind him. He stood in front of the door and lifted the hem of his shirt, showing his gem. The symbol on the door lit up with his gem and revealed a large pink expanse on the other side, filled with white and pink clouds everywhere. Steven looked at us and gestured for us to step inside. Circo went first I followed after hesitantly. The ground felt solid, though it looked like we were walking on clouds. Steven walked in and the door closed behind us. We walked ahead a little and stopped. Circo looked at Steven and asked, "How can I see my mom?"

"Well, I have to imagine her," Steven said. "So...how would you describe Circa?"

Circo placed a hand under his chin, thinking. "Well, she has dark skin like me," He started. "And she had frizzy, long hair. Her gem was on her hip like me. And she had that weird foot jewelry that I wore that one time."

"What did she wear?" Steven asked. Circo furrowed his brow, trying to think. I looked at Steven and said, "Oh! What if she wore a long, flowing orange skirt and top?"

"Or a T-shirt and jeans?" Steven asked. Circo shook his head, saying, "I'm not sure what she would wear now. So you can imagine either or."

Steven smiled and closed his eyes, imagining Circo's mom. A mass of swirling clouds formed by Circo, growing taller and shaping into a person. The clouds turned dark, almost an olive skin tone. The arms and legs formed and, just like I described, a long sunset colored skirt form around the waist. But it wasn't just a skirt. It was a dress. But the right side of the dress had an opening where we saw a gem take shape. The hair formed and the eyes, mouth, ears, nose and the rest of the face. By the time Steven was done, a woman that Circo has described stood in front of us. She opened her eyes and they were a beautiful dark amber color.

We all stared at her in shock. The woman looked at Circo and smiled. She opened her arms and said, "Hello Circo."

Without hesitation, Circo ran to his mom and hugged her tightly. We didn't hear him, but we knew he was crying as his shoulders shook. Circa hugged Circo tightly, smiling. I looked to Steven, "Good job."

Steven looked at me nervously, saying, "I didn't give her the dress, Luna."

I blinked, "What do you mean?"

"I was trying to give her a T-Shirt design and jeans," He said. "But she wore this instead. And I didn't think it. It was more like...a memory."

"Should we be concerned?" I whispered watching as Circo stepped back from his mom. He looked at his mom but his face slowly dropped. I looked at Steven as he looked around nervously. I watched as the area around us slowly changed from the light pink sky to a slow dark orange and red color. Circa's face darkened as she stared at Circo. Circo looked at Steven and said, "What are you doing, Steven?"

"I-I'm not doing anything!" Steven said. "This isn't me!"

"But don't you have control of this room?" I asked, concerned.

"I should!" Steven said. "But I don't know what's-"

Circa then pulled a sword out from her gem and held it. She pointed it at Steven and I, saying, "Rose and Lucine. Why didn't you guys listen to me?! If you did, none of this would've happened!"

Circa charged at us, and we jumped out of the way. Steven stumbled to his feet and his face dropped. I looked at him, saying, "What memory did you get her from?!"

"I-I don't know! She popped into my head and the memory with it!" Steven said. Circa glared at Steven and charged. He formed his bubble and she jumped back. She looked over her shoulder at me and dashed towards me. I quickly summoned my wings and closed them in time to catch the tip of her sword. From the opening between my wings, Circa leaned close and said, "You were suppose to be there for me, Lucine. Why weren't you there?!"

"I-I'm sorry!" I said, instinctively. I lifted my foot and kicked her back. I opened my wings and said, "I don't know what my mom or Rose Quartz did, but I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt you."

"You abandon me!" She shouted. "When we were attacked, I didn't expect you to just leave me and Eilat behind! But you did!"

She charged again and I braced myself for the hit. Instead, I heard the sound of metal cutting through the air. I looked and saw that Circo had pulled out his own sword and swung at his mom. She vanished in a puff of clouds and the area returned to normal color. Steven and I stared at Circo, who stared at the wisps of cloud left over from what was his mom. I stepped towards Circo, saying, "Circo?"

He turned away from me and said, "Steven, can we leave now?"

Steven nodded and the door appeared close by. Without saying another word, Circo headed towards the door. I walked over to Steven and we shared a worried look. We hurried after Circo, since he couldn't leave without Steven opening the door. Once we were all out, Steven looked at Circo and asked, "Are you okay? I'm sorry it got so intense in there but-"

"I'll see you guys later for training," He said. I watched as Circo walked out of the house, leaving Steven and I concerned. I glanced back at the door, remembering Circa's words.

What did my mom do to hurt her so badly? And did she mean too?

....................................

What was it Lucine did? Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :)