The Old American Sport

Hey guys! So we're back with our gem group and it seems a Ruby has just landed. What will happen? What will the gems do? Let's find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

I stared in shock at the Ruby, not knowing what to say or do at the sight of it. "Whoa," I breathed, Hands wrapped around my waist and I looked up in time to see Lapis summon her wings. She flapped down once flying up a little and flipping over and facing towards the barn. She quickly flew in, landing lightly on the ground as the other gems rushed in. Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl closed the doors, allowing only a small crack of light to come through the space between the doors. They came back over to us and Garnet said, "Hopefully they won't check out the farm any time soon."

Circo, Steven and I walked over to the barns doors, poking our heads out to take a look at the Ruby. I gasped at the sight of not only one, but five Rubies walking around and inspecting the ground and area there ship was at. "Whoa, look at 'em all!" Steven said, his eyes wide with excitement. Peridot poked her head over Steven's head and looked outside, a panic look on her face.

"I knew it. They're after us!" Peridot said, running back inside. Onyx started pacing in place, saying, "This is the end of the line!"

Lapis blinked in surprise at the two gems. "You two really weren't kidding," she said. Peridot looked up at Lapis, saying, "I disobeyed a direct order from Yellow Diamond, and I called her a clod... to her face."

"I also might've yelled at her about how she disrespected a friend of mine," Onyx muttered. I glanced at Onyx, seeing the pain and worry on her face. Pearl rolled her eyes and said to Peridot, "Oh, honestly, you call everyone a clod."

"Yes, but not everyone has command over all the armies of Homeworld waiting for the word to shatter me!" Peridot shouted. She ran over to a box of baseball gloves, balls and bats, dumping it onto the floor. She lifted the empty box over her head and hid under the box. Onyx walked over to Peridot and tapped the box. "Hey! You can't hide somewhere without me, Peridot. I'm in big trouble too!"

Steven ran over and said, "Peridot, we won't let them get you." He picked up the box and looked down at her. Circo and I walked over to Onyx, both of us placing a hand on her shoulder. "And you too, Onyx."

"But haven't we caused enough trouble for you guys?" Onyx asked, looking worried. Garner walked over to us and said to both Peridot and Onyx, "Don't worry, you two. It's our sworn duty to protect anything that calls this planet home. And that includes clods like you guys."

"That's my word," Peridot whispered. We all smiled and Garnet gestured for Pearl, Lapis and Amethyst to come over. Once everybody was together, she said, "Listen up, everyone. I have a plan. Or should I say...We have a plan?"

She held up both her hands, her palms facing out. She started to glow and her form separated into two people. Sapphire and Ruby smiled at all of us each of them saying, "Hello everyone."

"Sapphire! Ruby!" Pearl and Amethyst said, smiling. Steven ran towards them, shouting, "HUUUUUUUUUGS!"

He tackles them in hugs and Circo and I waved. Amethyst bounced on her toes and asked, "So, what's the plan?"

Sapphire turned to Ruby, saying, "You got this. Just act casual." She gave Ruby a kiss on the cheek and Ruby punched her fist into the palm of her hand, saying, "Yeah, casual."

Ruby walked out of the barn, doing some weird crab walk towards the other Rubies. Sapphire sighed and did a face palm. We all watched as the Rubies talked. Our Ruby pointed to our barn and I felt my gut drop. What was she doing?! The other Rubies nodded and our Ruby ran over, looking panicked and scared.