Onyx's Past

Hey Guys! So you guys asked for it and your going to get it. A Luna and Onyx filled adventure! Also, another amazing picture by Kiwi! But who is this new gem? Let's jump in already and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

I watched Onyx as she helped Peridot move something into the barn. Ever since Peridot and Onyx proved themselves Crystal Gems, we decided to have them move into the barn. Peridot seemed ecstatic that she did what she did to Yellow Diamond. But Onyx seemed a little...upset. I watched as she helped Peridot move the truck back in the barn, seeing the look of sadness on her face.

"Go ask if she's okay," I heard behind me. I jumped and saw that Circo was standing behind me. I looked at him then at Onyx. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I know your worried. So go ask if she's okay."

"So you noticed she was upset too?"

Circo flinched and his cheeks were tinted a light pink. "O-Of course I did!" Circo said. "She's a member of the team now. It's obvious to anybody she's upset."

I raised an eyebrow at him and he rolled his eyes. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me towards Onyx, saying, "Just go check on her." I stumbled a little but caught myself. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Onyx, to check if she was okay. Onyx signaled to Peridot in her robot to lower the truck. I reached her just as Peridot dropped the truck in the barn.

Onyx looked up and smiled. "Hey Luna, what's wrong?"

"That's my line," I said, looking at her. She flinched and bit her lip. I continued, saying, "Why are you upset?"

"I'm not upset," Onyx said, crossing her arms. "Besides, even if I was, it's definitely not about a certain gem I know."

"It is isn't it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Onyx jumped back, shouting, "How'd you know?!" Before I could answer, she stuttered, "I-It doesn't matter! You wouldn't even know her name!"

"Wait....didn't you mention a gem's name when you were talking with Yellow Diamond?" I asked. Onyx pinched her lips, trying not to say anything. I tapped my chin, trying to remember. "What was it?" I mumbled. Then the name came back and I snapped my fingers. "Right! Amber!"

Onyx grumbled under her breath and sighed. "Yeah, her name is Amber."

"What was she like?" I asked. Onyx glanced at Peridot and saw Steven talking to her. Onyx sighed and led me away from the barn. We down on a patch of grass and she explained. "Amber was created on Home World, and was one of Yellow Diamond's elite soldiers," Onyx explained. "She was the greatest. And yet, she wouldn't rise in positions when given the chance. She liked being among the soldiers."

"How'd you meet?" I asked, confused on how Amber, part of Yellow Diamond's met Onyx, who was made on earth. She sighed and said, "She was sent to earth to hunt down and find Lucine and Circa. She ended up finding me and took me under her command. She trained me and, eventually, helped me to get into Yellow Diamond's court. Then...she was shattered."

I looked at Onyx, surprised. "I...I'm sorry, Onyx," I said. Onyx growled and said, "You shouldn't be. After all, it was your mom who shattered her."

"What?!" I yelled, shocked. "My Mom would never shatter a gem!"

"I saw it happen, Luna! You weren't there during the war so how would you know what your mom was like! You weren't even born then! Heck, you don't even know who she is now!"

I flinched and Onyx realized her mistake. She looked away, saying, "Sorry...I didn't mean-"

"No, your right," I said, looking at my gem. I curled my hand into a fist and said, "I don't know my mom. Maybe I should learn more though."