A Cold Mission

Hey guys! We're back with Luna and the gang as they continue on with their adventure filled lives in Beach City. I wonder what will happen this time? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

We beamed onto the warp pad and I immediately felt the cold of the north. Thankfully, I was bundled up for the weather. I was wearing two layers of long sleeved shirts and pants. I had on snow pants and a large, dark blue winter coat with a white fur hood. I had on black snow boots, and no gloves, though I had a pair in my coat pocket.

Connie, Steven and Amos were all bundled up too, all wearing coats and layers like I was. Pearl was the only one that didn't need to wear extra layers since she wasn't effected by the cold. Steven raised his arms, saying, "We're here!"

"Wow! The Great North is so beautiful in person," Connie said. She looked up at Amos and said, "Isn't this great? Our first mission!"

"I'm surprised Circo isn't here to watch," Amos said, smirking. I giggled, "He said he didn't want to come because he's not used to the cold weather like I am. That and he wanted to talk to Eilat about something."

"Wait, wait! Stay right there!" Steven said excitedly. He walked away from the Warp Pad and pulled out his phone. He held it up and said, "Smile!"

Amos wrapped an arm around my shoulder and lifted two fingers in a peace symbol, I followed suit and smiled. Pearl and Connie looked at Steven's phone and smiled. Steven took the picture and said, "Okay, now one more where it looks like you're looking for a monster."

Amos and I shared a look and I cupped both of my hands over my eyes, looking for a monster. Amos pointed in a direction and puffed up his chest, trying to act like he knows where the monster is. Pearl shrugged her shoulders and Connie placed one hand over her eyes looking to the left. Steven took the picture and said, "Okay, now one like you made a joke."

Amos and I looked over at Pearl and Connie. Pearl raised a finger, as if she just told a joke. Connie hunched, looking as if she was laughing really hard. I smiled and put a hand over my mouth, looking as if I was giggling. Amos rolled his eyes just as Steven took the picture. Steven smiled, "Okay, now do one where the joke's not that funny, but it's more like a joke that makes you... think."

Pearl smiled and said, "Okay, I think that's enough photography."

"But it's Connie's and Amos' first mission! Connie's parents and Amos' mom asked me to take lots of pictures."

"Uh.." Pearl said, unsure. Connie looked at Pearl and said, "Thank you so much for letting us come on this mission, Pearl!"

Connie then bowed, saying, "It's such an honor to work alongside you."

"Well, Connie, your sword fighting skills have far exceeded my expectations. And, with my careful supervision, of course, I'm confident that you can handle a simple Gem recovery mission like this," Pearl said. She looked at Amos and said, "And you've come quite far with your hand to hand combat training, Amos. This should be easy for you too."

"Thanks Pearl," Amos said, smiling. Connie beamed with determination, saying, "Thank you so much! I promise I won't let you down, ma'am."

I noticed a flash of light and glanced at Steven. He had taken another picture on his phone and he whispered, "Connie's and Amos' first mission!"

I giggled and once everybody was ready, we started walking through the woods. Pearl said, "Recap the mission for us, Connie."

"A Crystal Gem named Amber sighted some corrupted gems in this area," Connie said. "It is our job to locate it, destabilize its form, and bubble it. By the way, who is Amber?"