Walking Among Dreams

Hey guys! We're back with Luna as she figures out her new dream abilities. What dreams will she stumble into and what will she discover about some people? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

I walked along the dark space, looking around at the white stars above me. I guessed they were stars since they twinkled a lot, but I could be wrong. Every time I took a step, ripples would appear and spread from my feet, as if I was walking along a large, shallow puddle. I looked all around me as I could see in the distance various colors of people sleeping. I stopped and muttered, "Do I have to keep walking or can I jump to a person's dreams?"

I glanced around, making sure nobody could see me if I failed. I jumped up, expecting to fall back down. Instead, I remained in mid-air above the ground. I smiled and stood up straight, wanting to go up. I shot straight up like an arrow and managed to put my arms out to the sides, making myself stop instantly. I held my head, trying to keep myself from vomiting. I shook my head and imagined myself flying across the space. Just as I thought it, I moved at a steady pace, flying as if I were using my wings. "Okay, so think it and it happens," I said, nodding.

I flew across the the space, looking around to see if I can find someone I knew well. I didn't want to jump into anybody's dreams. That would be rude. I wanted to see if I can maybe talk to Steven or Circo or maybe even Amos or Connie. The moment I thought of those four names, four separate lights twinkled ahead of me. One golden yellow, one bright pink, one a pastel blue and the other a navy blue. I stopped and looked at the four lights. Each one of these was one of the four names I had thought of. But which one was which?

"Eeny miniy, miney, moe!" I said, pointing at the pastel blue. A second later, I was flying towards the light. I tried putting my arms out to slow myself down, but everything was moving to fast. So fast that the stars around me blurred and everything turned white around me. I looked ahead, closing my eyes and bracing myself to hit the light. Instead, I felt a light breeze and, when I opened my eyes, found myself standing along the shore at the beach. I heard running and laughter behind me. I turned around and saw Steven and Connie, chasing each other in a game of tag. Standing nearby, I could see Amos, Circo and myself watching them play. The Crystal gems were up on the porch of the house, talking and laughing about something. A sense of joy and peace washed over me and I couldn't help but smile, closing my eyes and resting in the peace.

When I opened my eyes I found myself back in the dark space, seeing a light blue form of Connie. She was lying on the ground in a night gown, asleep and a small smile on her face. I smiled and patted her head, not wanting to disturb her dream. I looked around and saw the three other lights still shining. If the light blue one was Connie, then maybe the pink one was Steven? Then what about the golden and navy blue one?

I pointed at the Navy blue one and was instantly shot across the space towards it. Instead of closing my eyes, I tried my best to keep them open as long as possible. But I ended up blinking and, when I opened my eyes, I gasped at the sight in front of me. Amos, a much younger version of him, was sitting on a red and white checkered blanket with his mom, his brother, who looked to be twelve, and his dad. They were talking and laughing about something, kind of like in Connie's dream. I wanted to step towards Amos, but something told me to let him dream. This was his family when they were happy; let him have his moment.

I closed my eyes and opened them to see that I was back in the dark space. Amos, who was a dark navy blue color, was lying on the ground, his mouth wide open as he silently snored. I giggled and looked at the two remaining lights. I smiled and pointed at the pink light, saying, "Alright Steven, what are you dreaming about?"

I flew straight at the pink light and I managed to keep my eyes open a little as I entered his dreams. Steven was lying on a hill of grass, looking up at the night sky. I wasn't standing this time, but was lying next to him. I blinked in surprise and sat up just as Steven said, "Luna? What are you doing here?"