Finding Home

Hey guys! We get to see how the group is doing after the whole near world destruction experience. Let's check and see how they're doing! :D

-Luna's POV-

"It was so intense down there! We were already a few layers into the Earth's crust, WHEN SUDDENLY -- WA-PAMO! KA POWIE! All these gross Cluster limbs started clawing at the drill. So, I whipped out the old Photon Blaster and, "PEW PEW P-CHOW CHOW! Take that, Cluster!". And Steven and Luna were all, "My feelings!", and then up and passes out on me! Then everything started glowing and... well, yeah, wait," Peridot explained. She then cleared her throat, trying to collect her thoughts.

"I'm sure Steven and Luna can fill you in on the rest since their the ones who saved us. You should've seen it, right guys? Tell 'em what happened in there!" Peridot said. But neither Steven and I were paying attention. Peridot was explaining what happened down below to the Crystal Gems, Amos, Circo and Onyx. Everybody seemed interested and all eyes were on Steven and I when directed. But we were staring at the barn in concern.

"Guys?" Peridot asked. I looked back at everybody and said, "We'll be right back."

Steven and I quickly stood up, heading to the barn. I beat Steven and saw Lapis resting on the pile of hay we made for her. Steven joined me and both of us sighed in worry. From behind, we heard, "I see you're worried about your friend and sister."

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Garnet standing behind us. I sighed and said, "Yeah. When I saw her in my dreams, it looked like she was fighting so hard to keep Malachite from escaping."

"Lapis spent an unbearable amount of time fused with Jasper. The emotional and physical strain of that type of fusion; I can't imagine. She's gonna need a lot of time to recover," Garnet explained. I sighed and Steven nodded, saying, "Your right."

"Come on, I'm dying to hear more about what happened underground," Garnet said. She placed a hand on Steven's and I's shoulders. Steven chuckled and started walking back with Garnet. I hesitated for a second, glancing at Lapis as she slept. I sighed and whispered, "Please wake up soon."

-Time skip-

My eyes shot open the something moving inside the barn. I noticed that it was night time and that everybody was asleep. Well, everyone except Steven. He must've woken up the same time I did. We looked at each other and nodded. Very carefully, we moved around the others towards the barn.

We both walked in and saw Lapis standing near the hole in the barn wall. I gasped as Steven said, "Lapis! Your okay!"

She spun around, surprise written on her face. "Steven! Luna!" She said, looking at us. I noticed she had her wings out and I frowned, "Your....leaving?"

"I have to Luna," Lapis said, turning towards the hole of the barn. "I don't belong on Earth, not with the Crystal Gems. I never have."

I felt my heart sink but I knew what she meant. I sighed and said, "It's okay, I understand, I just wish we could've hung out more. I feel like I only get to see you when something horrible's going on."

Lapis chuckled sadly and said, "That's just how it is with me."

She spread her wings and glanced over at us. "Well, goodbye Luna and Steven. Again."

"Bye," Steven and I said together. Lapis flapped her wings down and soared up into the night sky. I felt Steven slip his hand into mine, and I looked down at him. He smiled sadly at me and I tried my best to smile. But I couldn't, the tears were already falling off my cheeks. Steven let go of my hand and gave me a hug. I hugged him tightly, feeling my heart twinge with pain. Just when I thought I just got her back, I lose her again.