Birthday Troubles

Hey guys! We finally get to Steven's birthday! Wonder what will happen? Let's find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

We didn't start the party right away. We still had several things to set up before we started. As the gems were helping Greg with the cake, Steven and I were working on the balloons with Amos. Circo was helping Connie with the streamers.

"So....Jet is Onyx?" Steven asked, trying to make sense of the situation. I nodded, saying, "Don't tell Circo though. We need him to give her a chance."

He nodded and we all glanced over at Circo, who was giving Jet a boost to help put the banner up. We all smiled and turned back to making balloons. "So how old are you turning Steven?" Amos asked.

"Fourteen," Steven said. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen," he said. The balloon in my hand slipped out and flew around our hands as I stared at Amos in shock. "Your a year older than me?!" I said, shocked.

"Wait, your sixteen?" Steven asked. "When was your birthday?!"

"We passed my birthday already," I said, grabbing another balloon and starting to blow that up. Now it was Steven's turn to let go of his balloon and let it fly around before landing on Amos. Steven stood up onto the table and pointed a finger at me. "We're having a birthday party for you today!" Steven declared. Everybody turned and looked at Steven; even Jet, Circo and Connie looked at Steven in confusion.

I blinked and said, "But it's your birthday party, Steven."

"Then we'll share it!" He said. "I'm not letting your birthday be skipped so easily!"

I glanced at Amos, silently asking for some help. But he smiled and said, "That sounds like a good idea, Steven."

Steven grinned and I sighed, saying, "Fine." Steven cheered and he started running to everybody, saying that it was now his birthday party and mine. I groaned and said, "This isn't going to turn out well."

"How come? It's not like you've never had a birthday party before," he said. He looked up at me and his face fell at my down cast look. "You've never had a birthday party before, have you?" He asked.

"It was always just me and my dad," I said, trying off a balloon. "We never really made it big or anything."

Amos sighed and finished tying my balloon to a ribbon. He walked over to me and handed me the balloon, saying, "Well then. I guess we'll have to make this the best birthday party for you ever."

I smiled and took the balloon. "Thank you," I said. "But don't worry about birthday presents."

"Oh, I already got you one," he said, smirking. I looked at him, confused. "Really?"

"But your not getting it until this evening."

I groaned. "Your no fun," I grumbled. He laughed and said, "Let's go help finish up the decorations."

I nodded and joined the group with the decorations. As we finished up, Steven and I were instructed to step inside the barn and to wait for our birthday kick off. As I stood next to Steven, he had a look of worry.

"What's wrong, Steven?" I asked. He sighed and said, "I just...feel like I haven't grown much."

"What are you talking about? You've grown."

"Physically?"

I hesitated and in that moment Steven groaned and said, "That's it. I'm growing."

"Wait what?" I asked, confused. "What do you-"

But I never finished as Steven closed his eyes and started to concentrate. His whole form glowed a light pink and he seemed to stretch. When the light around him died down, he was nearly as tall as me and his clothes stretched a little. His gem was showing and his pants had become shorts.