Dream Abilities

Hey guys! We're back with Luna and the gang as they return to Earth from their adventure to the moon. We're also now in season four with this story! Woo! Thanks to all of you guys for the love and support you give to this story and it's prequel. Little side note, but these next three chapters leading up to 'Mindful Education' will be focusing more on Luna and Circo then the episodes that focus on the little bits of stuff Steven does. Anyway, here's the next chapter! :D

-Luna's POV-

"You got to be kidding me?!" I shouted in annoyance. By the time we had arrived back on Earth, the sun was starting to rise. Once we had made sure it was fine to leave the Ruby ship at the barn, we checked on Amber, Onyx and Eilat. Onyx practically tackled Circo when she saw he was alright. It made the two blush and the rest of us smile, seeing them happy. Amber reported not much happened, but she said in a low voice to I that Eilat was still trying to wrap their mind around the fact that their Diamond was shattered. When I talked to Eilat, they seemed alright, but I could tell they were struggling. Onyx, Amber and Eilat decided to stay at the barn for a little longer, at least until Eilat could understand and work with it. Our group left and went home. The moment I stepped off the warp pad, Garnet said I couldn't leave the house, hence for my response.

She shook her head, "Your arm is still recovering from the attack from that Ruby. Even though Steven's healing spit closed up the wound, your fractured arm is still taking time to heal."

"But I can be careful!" I protested. Circo startled chuckling and I shot him a glare, knowing that wasn't helping my case. Garnet smirked, "I'm sorry, Luna but the answer is no."

"B-But you should be healed up by tomorrow!" Steven said. I sighed and nodded, knowing it was no use arguing. The crystal gems and Steven left an hour later to head over to the beta Kindergarten. I sat down on the porch steps, watching the ocean waves roll onto the shore. I heard the door open and a voice say, "I thought you weren't allowed to leave the house?"

I looked over and saw Circo standing in the doorway. I gestured to the porch and said, "I'm still at the house. I haven't left the property yet, have I?"

"Fair enough," He said. He sat next to me and we both sat in silence, just watching the waves and listening to them crash against the sand. Circo broke the silence, though, saying, "Luna, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked, not looking away from the ocean.

"Do you think our moms would be proud of what we're doing now?"

I felt myself tense up at the question. I looked at Circo who continued talking, "I mean, I know they were part of the Crystal Gems. But the stuff we're doing now, is it really something our moms would be proud off? I-I'm not saying I'm going to try and leave. But....after hearing how Steven's mom shattered Pink Diamond, and how our moms have been involved with so much, are we really doing something that they know will help the gems?"

"I..." I started, unsure how to answer. I looked back out at the ocean and said, "I honestly don't know, Circo. They might've tried to stay hidden when this all first started. Or they might've joined the cause right away. But at any rate, they joined on their own at some point, knowing the dangers. I'm sure if they were to see us now, they would be happy that were alive and safe."

"But are we though?" Circo asked, looking at me. I looked at him and, for once in a long time, could see fear in his eyes. I flinched as he said, "Are we really safe? What if we're not strong enough the next attack? What it the next attack is more then just Rubies? What if the diamonds themselves show up? What'll happen to the Crystal Gems?! What'll happen to us?! Will we be shattered for something our moms did?! Will they-"

I slapped a hand over Circo's mouth, stopping his ranting. He looked at me in surprise, but that didn't stop me from talking. "Circo, you need to stop," I said. "I know your worried. But worrying this much about that many possibilities isn't going to help. Just focus on what's happening now. We can worry about those questions when the time comes."

Circo looked at me for a moment before nodding. I removed my hand and he stood up, saying, "I'm going back to the cave. I need to look for something."

"Wait, Circo-" I started, but he ran down the steps and across the beach. I should've followed him, but I was told by Garnet I couldn't leave the house. I groaned in annoyance and muttered, "Garnet, the ONE time I decide to listen to you."

For the rest of the day, I didn't see either the Crystal Gems or Circo. Amos and Connie stopped by and Amos nearly freaked out when he saw my arm in a sling. I'll admit, it was sort of funny seeing his reaction. But after a bit of explaining, he calmed down. The three of us talked and I explained the adventures that happened while we were away. When the sun was setting, Amos and Connie left and I went inside to get something to eat. After finding some food that wasn't moldy, I went outside to my hammock and ate a bag of 'Chaps'. I slowly rocked in the hammock, swaying as I watched the stars slowly come out. My eye lids grew heavy and I yawned, feeling exhaustion wash over me. Before I realized it, I had closed my eyes fell asleep.

-Luna's Dreams?-

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the ground, staring up a black sky with stars twinkling above me. I sat up and stood up, surprised by how dark it got. I looked down and noticed that I was a silvery white color. As I inspected myself, I noticed I was standing on something. I quickly moved away and looked behind me, my heart turning cold. I wasn't stepping on something. I had been stepping on someone.

To be specific, myself.

"What is going on?!" I panicked, trying to get an idea of what was happening. The longer I looked at myself though, I more I realized that I wasn't dead. For starters, my self had her eyes closed and was softly breathing. When I poked my sleeping self, I could feel everything around me go hazy and out of focus. I stepped back, assuming that if I did that, I would wake up. I looked at my hands again and muttered, "Am...I dreaming? Wait, is this like the times with Lapis?"

But it was different. I didn't see Lapis anywhere. And the only times I spoke with her was when she was imprisoned in the mirror and....Jasper. I shook my head and said, "Okay, okay okay. So I"m dreaming, but it's not like the previous times. Then...what is this? Is this something new? A new power?"

The idea I had gotten a new ability made me excited. What was it I could do in this dream state though? I looked around and noticed that, even though there were stars twinkling above me, I could see all around me both close and distance forms of people sleeping. The closest ones being Astra and Sora. I walked towards them and, when I was right next to Astra, I placed a hand on her head. Immediately everything shifted and I was floating in the air, high in the sky. I looked all around in confusion, before I saw Astra flying around, cawing in excitement. Sora flew next to her and the two flew around, playing and having fun. I smiled and was immediately brought back to the dark sky and colored forms of the two sleeping. I stepped back and looked down at my hands.

"I can see other people's dreams," I whispered. "And experience what they are experiencing."

I curled my hands into fists and smiled. I looked around and said, "Let's see what I can find."

.................................

Oh man! Luna has a new power! Wonder whose dreams she'll see? Anyway, sorry for the shorten chapter but this is where I'll stop before going into some pretty cool dream sequences next chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :)