Loyalty

Hey guys! So we find out where Peridot and Onyx's loyalties lie. Will they be for the Crystal Gems or go with the diamonds? Let's find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"I can't believe I did that," I mumbled, sitting on the bed of the truck in the barn. Steven explained to me what had happen on the moon. The only thing I remember was getting to the moon with Astra. I glanced up and saw Circo talking to the other gems. He glanced over at me, before giving me a glare and turning back to the gems. "So he found out?" I asked.

"You actually told him," Steven said. "Although it didn't sound like you." I raised an eyebrow at Steven, confused. He sighed and said, "It's all complicated, Luna. I'll have to explain it later."

I nodded and notice Onyx and Peridot talking to each other not too far from us. I looked at Steven and saw he was looking at them too. He looked at me and I nodded, agreeing with Steven. We both got up and walked over to the two gems, asking, "Hey Onyx? Peridot?"

Both of them jumped and looked at us. Peridot was the one who spoke, saying, "Oh Steven! Luna!"

"Can we talk to you guys?" I asked. Peridot nodded and Onyx said, "Yes, of course." Steven and I led Peridot and Onyx to the cabin of the truck, making sure the others didn't hear this conversation. Peridot and Onyx looked at us in confusion. Onyx asked, "Why are we in this broken-down vehicle?"

Steven and I ignored that question and Steven asked, "Can you tell us about...the diamonds?" Peridot and Onyx seem to light up at that comment, looking excited to talk about them. I flinched at their attitude. "Oh! I don't know what the others have told you, but there's a reason they're in charge," Onyx said.

"Why's...that?" I asked, nervous for the answer.

"They're objectively better than us. Every Gem has their strengths and weaknesses, but not them. They're absolutely totally completely flawless beings! Especially our diamond, Yellow Diamond, the most perfect, the most reasonable, rational, efficient decider ever to exist in the universe!" Peridot said, sounding excited. I glanced at Onyx, who seemed slightly less excited then Peridot but all the same, agreed with her.

I glanced at Steven and he asked, "You're really loyal to her, aren't you?"

Peridot looked at us confused, saying, "How could I not be? We might have our little truce, but I'll never forsake the Gem I was made for!"

"Onyx?" I asked. "I thought you were made on Earth?" Onyx bit her lip and said, "I was for Pink Diamond. But...I wanted to be stronger and prove myself. So I joined Yellow Diamond's court and now, I'm as strong as I can be. I owe my life to Yellow Diamond for making me stronger."

I sighed and nodded to Steven. He nodded and said, "Well, that's good. Because....she's right behind you!" Peridot looked behind her in fright, but Onyx seem to know that this was a trick. Before either of them could do anything, Steven and I got out of the truck. Steven locked the door and I held the diamond thing that Peridot and Onyx stole from the moon. Peridot and Onyx tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. Steven smiled and said, "Save your strength! You're up against one of the earth's greatest trapping technologies, the child safety lock!"

Peridot gasped and said, "Oh, no! How could you do this to me, the great and lovable Peridot?! I thought we were finally friends like you wanted..."

I held out the diamond shaped thing and said, "We saw you two steal this from the moon base. What is it? What does it do?"

Onyx scowled at us and said, "It's nothing special. And definitely not important at all." Steven smirked and picked up a hammer nearby, saying, "Then why don't I just smash it!"