New Friends, New Enemies

Hey guys! So I'm going to make this chapter extra long for you guys because why not? This is one intense episode so, longer chapter then usual. XD Anyway, here's the chapter! :D

-Luna's POV-

"Steven!" I shouted, running towards him. Steven was walking towards the Car Wash, where his dad works at. Steven turned and smiled, seeing me.

"Hey Luna!" he said, as I reached him. "Where's Circo?"

"He's with the gems, helping them with a few things," I said smiling to myself. Ever since we found out the real meaning to the message that Lapis sent, Circo has been helping non-stop with preparations for anything that may happen. At first, the gems and Circo wouldn't let Steven and I help, but after a situation with the lights going out in the city, we were able to convince them to let us help.

"What are you up too?" I asked.

"I'm just heading to the Car Wash to get my dad," he said. "Apparently, they're doing interviews for people at the car wash since more customers then usual are coming. They need more hands for cleaning cars."

"Mind if I tag along?" I ask. Steven grinned and nodded, taking my hand and leading the way. As we drew closer, I saw a door open and Greg and a young guy walk out of the Car Wash. The guy looked familiar somehow and Steven must've thought so too, because he hesitated for a second, before continuing to led the way. Greg turned and saw us coming and said, "Hey guys! come meet my new co-worker!"

The guy standing next to Greg turned and instantly, I felt my heart skip a beat.

The guy had dark skin, similar to Connie's. He had short hair but it had a slight curl to it. His eyes were dark but had a hint of gold in them. He was taller then me; probably a little bit taller then Circo if he was here. The guy wore a red shirt and jeans, but wore an aviator's jacket with black sneakers. He looked to be around my age, maybe a year older. Overall, my heart skipped a beat the moment I saw him. Steven gasped and said, "Are you related to Connie?!"

The guy laughed and said, "So you must be Steven? Connie talks about you non-stop."

Steven blushed and rubbed his neck, embarrassed. I giggled and that was when the guy looked at me. He smiled and extended a hand, "Hey, nice to meet you. I'm A."

I took his hand and shook it. "A?" I asked.

"It's short for my name," he said quickly, after shaking my hand.

"Oh yeah," Greg said. "In your application you wrote-"

A quickly turned to Greg and whispered something in his ear. Greg glanced at him, then back at me and he busted out laughing. "Wow," he said, wiping a tear from his eye. "okay then, A, I'll leave it to you to tell them your real name."

He then turned to Steven and said, "Didn't you come here for something?"

Steven looked at his dad and his eyes widen. "Right! I wanted us to stop by the fries stand for some fry bits." He ran over to his dad and his dad whispered something to Steven. Again, Steven did the same thing that Greg did; he glanced at A, then at me, then instead of busting out laughing, he grinned and said, sort of slyly, "Well! I guess we'll just go dad!"

I raised an eyebrow and glanced at A, who seemed confused as well. "Steven, what are you-" I started.

"You and A should get to know each other for a bit," Steven said. Greg looked like he was trying to suppress laughter. I flinched and noticed that A was slightly blushing, getting what Steven was doing.

"Steven," i said in a warning tone. But quicker then either A or I could catch, Steven and his dad ran off, leaving A and I at the Car Wash. I sighed and placed a hand to my forehead. "I'm going to have to talk to that child later," I mumbled.