Stormy Waters

Hey guys! We're back with Luna and company as their adventures continue. What will happen today? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"I'm starting to guess the surprise, guys," Lapis said. Steven and I looked at her and Steven said, "I told you to close your eyes!"

Lapis laughed and closed her eyes again. Steven, Lapis and I were down by the Beach City Harbor, showing Lapis a surprise that Steven's dad and my dad got. We both stopped and I said to Lapis, "Okay, wait here."

Steven and I ran over to our dads and nodded. "Okay Lapis, open your eyes," I said. The moment she did, all four of us, shouted, "Surprise!"

Lapis opened her eyes and saw not only the four of us, but the yacht floating in the water behind us. Lapis' face was blank and she nodded, understanding there was a boat here. The four of us walked over to Lapis, Steven saying, "We bought a boat!"

"Uh, correction. We rented a boat. I may be rich, but buying a boat would be going a bit overboard," Mr. Greg said. Jericho, my dad, said, "Nice one."

"Ayyyyy," Mr. Greg said, doing finger guns. My dad did the same, saying, "Ayyy." They both did finger guns at each other and Steven and I giggled. Mr. Greg looked at us and said, "Just a joke I picked up from some sailors. They have a surprisingly clean sense of humor."

"Guys who are they?" Lapis asked. Steven and I realized that Lapis never met my dad and was never properly introduced to Steven's dad. Mr. Greg stepped forward and said, "Uh, Greg Universe. You broke my leg trying to use the ocean to fly back to your Homeworld?"

Jericho looked at Greg in shock and confusion. Lapis laughed nervously, "Lapis Lazuli. Nice to meet you." My dad stepped forward and said, "Jericho Stone. I recently moved here so I don't believe we ever met."

"Nice to meet you," Lapis said, nodding. There was a bit of an awkward silence before Mr. Greg said, "Well, Jericho and I will get the boat started."

My dad nodded and followed after Mr. Greg. We looked at Lapis and Steven said, "So what do you think?" Lapis smiled at us and said, "It's nice but..."

I frowned and said, "Look, Lapis, we know you spent a really long time fused with Jasper at the bottom of the ocean, but you're not Malachite anymore. And water is a part of who you are. You can't let one bad experience take that away from you."

"It was more than one," Lapis muttered. I placed a hand on her shoulder and said, "Just give it a chance. I promise we'll make this the most fun you've ever had."

"Guys...I don't deserve this," Lapis said, looking at the boat. Steven smiled and said, "Of course you do! We even named her Li'l Lappy." Steven gestured to the boat and how Mr. Greg and my dad had put a banner over the actually name of the ship. Lapis chuckled and said, "Okay. I'll give it a chance. But, just one."

Lapis formed her wings and picked up Steven. He laughed as he carried her onto the boat. I summoned my own and flew up. I landed next to Lapis and Steven on the front deck. "You three ready to set sail?" Mr. Greg called out. We turned and saw a glass window into the control area of the ship. Steven nodded and said, "Aye aye, captain."

I nodded and Lapis said, "Yes." My Dad grasped the lever for the engine and said, "Alright! Then full speed ah-"

My Dad pushed the lever up and the boat jerked forward. But suddenly, there was a load crashing sound and my dad and Mr. Greg fell back. Steven, Lapis and I managed to keep our balance. Steven and I rushed over to the railing to see what happened. The boat still had been moored to the pier and now a piece of the pier was floating on a rope behind us. "Ah, geez, you think anyone will notice?" Mr. Greg asked.