Weapons

Hey guys! Wow, fourth chapter already? Must be pretty cool. Also, this drawing  of Luna's mom, Lucine, was done by my good friend, Kiwi. She's my co-author on Quotev who does the art for this story. She's amazing at what she does. Anyway, here's the new chapter!

-Luna's POV-

I sat in my hammock that afternoon, looking through some clothing magazines. I needed to get some new songs, but...money has been a bit of an issue. "Maybe I can get a job..." I mumbled, looking through the magazine. Just then, I heard the settling of feet under the deck. I looked up and looked around; I didn't see anything. I looked back down at the magazine and noticed green spots dripping down and landing on the magazine, burning it through.

"What the-" I said, but a pair of pincers chomped down and I flinched back. "Whoa!" I jumped out of my hammock, and noticed a bunch of Centipede like creatures were all over the porch. I quickly ran for the sliding door and shut it behind me. I locked it and turned towards the kitchen. Pearl, Amethyst, and garnet looked at me confused.

"Luna? What is going on?" Pearl asked, concerned.

"Would you believe me if I said these centipede things were attacking?" I said. Just then, I felt my back starting to burn up. I quickly moved and saw that the centipede things were burning through the glass. Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst pulled out there weapons, just as the Centipedes started crawling all along the walls and floor, towards the temple door. I jumped down to the bottom floor, dodging acid spits that burned the floor through. I grabbed a couch cushion and hit the centipede creatures away from me.

"What are these things?!" I asked, as another one jumped at me. I hit it and sent it flying towards Pearl, who in turn stabbed it, making a puff of light green smoke. "There Centipeetles!" Pearl responded, as one started to crawl on her foot. She jumped back and stabbed it. Just then, I heard the door open and a voice say, "Hey guys, you won't believe this-!"

I looked just as a Centipeetle jumped on Steven and hissed. He screamed, and Amethyst used her whip to wrap around the Centipeetle and threw it off of Steven. "'Sup Steven," she said.

I thought Steven would've freaked out a little by that Centipeetle, but instead his eyes grew wide, "Awesome! What are these things?"

Pearl lifted a Centipeetle with her staff, and groaned by the sight of it. "Sorry Steven, we'll get these Centipeetles out of your room. We think they were trying to get into the temple."

I turned and saw a bunch of them, scratch at the temple door. I threw my couch cushion and it made the Centipeetles direct their attention towards me. Amethyst took the chance and destroyed them. She stopped and looked, picking her nose, "Um guys? These things don't have gems."

"Gems?" I asked, confused, as Garnet bunched a few.

"There must be a mother somewhere nearby," she said, punching a Centipeetle as it jumped behind her. She turned and said, "These things have gems as well. That's how they can be destroyed so easily."

I nodded, and noticed that Steven was getting excited. "Really?! Can I come? Can I?"

"Steven," Pearl said, turning towards him, "Until you learn to control your the powers in your gem," she stopped and snapped a Centipeetle's neck, then turned back to Steven, "We'll take care of protecting humanity, okay?"

Steven sighed, and went towards the fridge. I looked at Pearl, "Could I come?"

"The same rule applies to you as well," she said, leaning on her staff, "We don't even know what kind of power your gem holds. For all we know, you could have powers beyond our understanding."

I sighed and looked at my gem; How do I use my gems powers? Just then, I heard Steven gasp, "Where did you get these?! I thought they stopped making them?!"

I looked and noticed that the freezer was filled with Cookie Cats. I walked over to Steven, "Yeah, didn't they?"

"Well," Pearl said, smiling, "We heard that too, and since they're your favorite-"

"We went out and stole a bunch!" amethyst said, grinning mischievously. My eyes grew wide; wait what?!

Pearl glared at Amethyst and said, "I went back and paid for them."

"So you really did steal a bunch?!" I said, looking at Amethyst. She nodded and Garnet commented, "The whole thing was my idea."

"It was everybody's idea," Amethyst said, pointing to herself.

"Not really," she replied.

"All that matters is that Steven is happy," Pearl said, breaking up what might've been an argument. I felt a twinge of hurt, but pulled off a smile. Steven must've noticed because he gave me a side hug and said, "And Luna too!"

Pearl nodded, "And Luna too."

I smiled, as Steven handed me a Cookie cat, and he sang the theme song. I unwrapped it and took a bite. It was so good; much better then the ones in the dumpsters. It wasn't melted or squishy or slightly stale, it was the perfect Cookie Cat. And I'm happy I got to be with the Crystal Gems and with Steven. Just then, I noticed Steven's gem was glowing. "Steven," I said, swallowing the piece of Cookie Cat, "Your gem. It's-"

He looked at me, and then pointed to my hand, "Your gem is glowing, Luna!"

We both looked at our gems, and sure enough, they were glowing. Amethyst grew excited, she shouted, "Quick! try to summon your weapons!"

"I-I don't know how!" I said, and Steven looked at the gems, panicking. "It's fading! how do I make it come back?!"

I looked and noticed mine was fading too. I tried to concentrate on the gem but it wasn't working. Soon, our gems faded back to normal and we all sighed. Steven moaned and turned to the gems. I was too distracted by my own gem I wasn't paying attention. Pearl took Steven to the warp pad, and they left. I sighed, and Garnet placed hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry. You'll figure it out."

"I hope so," I mumbled. "I'm going to go for a walk."

I walked out of the house, and walked down the beach. I sighed, "How on earth am I suppose to summon my weapon? It's so hard!" I moaned, and sat down in the sand near the water. I allowed the waves to touch my feet, and I smiled. I looked up towards the sky, "Mom, how did you summon your weapon?" There was no response and I sighed.

I gazed out towards the ocean, listening to the waves and the seagulls. I smiled; I always loved the beach. Maybe it was because my dad took me here all the time. Maybe it's because I'm a Moonstone and since the moon controls the waves, I love the beach. Or maybe, it's like my mom. I lied down in the sand and sighed; it did'b't matter; I'm safe, I have a home, I have a bad, I have friends. That's all I need and I'm happy with that. I felt a tingling in my right hand and glanced. I quickly sat up and saw that my gem was glowing. Something grew out of my gem in a straight line.

The line grew to about a foot and stopped glowing. It landed in my hand and I looked at it curiously. It was an arrow. It's tip was in the shape of a silver star, the middle a turquoise blue, and the wings on the back of it had long white pieces of cloth. I touched the cloth; it was smooth and soft. I felt myself breaking into a smile, and i jumped up. I held the arrow and started running back to the house.

"Garnet! Pearl! Amethyst! Steven!" I yelled, waving my arrow, "My weapon is an arrow!" Just then, the whole ground shook, and i fell to the ground. I spat the sand out of my mouth and looked up. I gasped, and saw the Centipeetle mother. It was a big green Centipeetle, with a long white mane and too many legs to count. I watched as it brought it pincers down. It was hitting the side of the cliff, trying to break into the temple. I needed too stop it. I looked at my arrow, and then at the Centipeetle.

Crazy idea from your truly.

"Hey ugly!" I screamed, trying to get it's attention. It looked towards me, acid dripping from it's pincers. "Take this!" and I threw my arrow. Only to have it fly maybe a foot in the air and land on the ground. It then disappeared and I looked at the Centipeetle. It growled and started crawling towards me.

"Did I say ugly? I meant to say something else," I said nervously. It spat acid towards me, and I braced myself for the worst pain. "LUNA!" I heard and I was then tackled. I tumbled and when I stopped, I realized Garnet had tackled me and saved me. Before I could say anything, she shouted, "What are you doing?! You need to get out of here!"

She stood up, and pulled me up. Pearl, Amethyst were already trying to fight off the mother Centipeetle. Steven was eating Cookie Cats, trying to get his gem to summon his weapon. Garnet shoved me out of the way, just as it started to rain acid everywhere. I quickly got up and ran to Steven. He just shoved a bunch of Cookie Cat in his mouth and was chewing. "Steven! That won't work! Trust me!" I said. He looked at me and sighed, slowly standing up. "Cookie Cat, he's a pet for your tummy," he said.

"What?" I asked confused, but realized he was saying the song. So I stood back and allowed him to have a moment. He continued saying the words, while at the same time he picked up the freezer. He then chucked it at the Centipeetle. It was electrocuted and the gems took the chance to take it out. The Centipeetle was destroyed and a green sphere fell to the ground. Garnet picked it up and bubbled the gem. She tapped it and it disappeared.

I noticed Steven was burying the last wrapper of the Cookie cat, and he was saying, "Farewell, sweet Cookie Cats.I'll always the time we spent together." His stomach rumbled and he hushed it. I placed a hand on Steven's shoulder, trying to cheer him up. Amethyst looked and commented, "Are you crying?"

"Only a little!" Steven shouted, wiping the tears away quickly.

Amethyst shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, I guess your powers don't come from ice cream."

"Of course they don't!" Pearl said. She looked at Steven with sympathy and continued, " Don't worry Steven, I'm sure you'll figure out you gem powers some day."

"In your own Steven-y way," Garnet commented smiling,

"I'm okay guys," Steven said. His stomach rumbled again and he moaned, "I think I ate too many Cookie Cats." The gems laughed but I backed up a little. Steven then laughed a bit but a minute later threw up. After he was down, I helped him up and the gems and I walked inside.

Later that evening, I'm in my hammock, clenching and un-clenching my hand. Turns out Steven's weapon is a shield. But my is arrows; how can I use them? I can't just throw them.

I sighed and rolled over, allowing the breeze to push the hammock slightly, making it swing. "I'll figure it out," I mumbled. I glanced at the moon and smiled; it was one fourth through it's cycle.

"Goodnight mom," I said, and fell asleep.

....

How WILL she use her arrows? Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll update ASAP. :)