Star People

Hey guys! We finally get to the chapter of the Watermelon Stevens! But are there new people too? Anyway, here's the new chapter!

-Luna's POV-

"Man, what a crazy week," I said yawning, heading to my mother's cave.

It's been a while since I've been to my mother's room, so I thought I visit it today, even though it was early. It's been crazy since the dinner night with Connie's parents. But now, I have the chance to visit it. It's been almost a month since Lapis left earth and I worry everyday that she will be okay. Did she even get to Home world yet? As I got closer to the cave, I noticed that the moon on the cave wall was slightly blue.

"That's unusual," I mumbled, walking up to the wall and placing my gem into the indent. The wall glowed and revealed the staircase that led down into my mother's room. As I walked down, I noticed a soft light glowing from my mother's room. I'm hoping it's from the crystal on the ceiling. I reached the bottom of the stairs and stopped.

The light was coming from the crystals....but it wasn't in that sense.

In front of me, WERE the crystals from my mom's ceiling. But....apparently they can take form as people of a sort. They weren't like gems, but they looked similar to them. The crystals had taken form as people and, apparently on how the crystal looks, depends on how the crystal takes form as a person. I noticed their skin was slightly see through but was mostly a milky white, like a star. You could see the blue glow on there chest were a heart would be if they were human. There were around fifteen standing or sitting in front of me, staring at me.

It was a mixed group; some looked female and others looked male. Some looked like children and others looked like around late seventy early eighties. All were wearing different styles of clothing, but they all looked the same in that they seemed to be the same kind.

One little girl crystal stepped from the group and said, "Are you Lucine?"

"N-no," I said. "That was my mom. I have her gem now." I showed my moonstone to the group and they gasped. Instantly they all fell to their knees and bowed to me, even the little girl standing in front of me. I took a step back, confused. "Um, what are you doing?"

The little girl lifted her head and said, "We're saying hello."

I giggled and quickly coughed, trying not to offend anybody. "You don't have to bow to me," I said, helping the little girl up. "You can just say hi or wave to me."

"Okay," the girl said, sounding a little confused but relieved.

"So..." I said, looking at the group. "What are you guys?"

"We're called 'Star People'," the girl said. "Your mother would take care of us, where we grew on the ceiling above the pool." At this, she pointed at the area where the crystals used to be on the ceiling above the pool.

"From there, when the moon was full, we would fall from the ceiling not the water. Where the current would take us to our island home where we would live and grow in a community. But...." at this she stopped talking and looked away.

"What?" I asked, concerned.

"Well, if it's true that you have your mother's gem, then that must mean it's been a very long time since she grew any crystals. Would that mean our people are still on the island we're suppose to go?"

"I don't know," I said, not sure how to answer her question. "But why didn't you go into the pool and go with the current to the island?"

"Well, when we fell from the ceiling not the pool, there was no water. We took form on the full moon and we climbed out, confused on where the water was. We've been here ever since."