The talk

Thank you for all the votes, y'all rock! Here you go, chapter three! Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------
They just stood there, not one of them saying a word. Josh and Maya hadn't taken their eyes off of each other while Riley was looking back and forth between the both of them.

"Uncle Josh! How's it going?" Riley asked as she decided that she would have to be the one to break the ice.

"Niece." Josh spoke not taking his eyes off of the blond girl in front of him. After a second or two, Maya finally decided that she should be the one to look away cause it was obvious that Josh had no intentions to make any movement.

"Josh, it's been a while." Maya said as she glanced at the floor and shoved her hands in her Leather jacket pockets.

"That it has." Josh said as he mimicked her movements putting his own hands in his Jean pockets. The silence had once again became an issue as Riley let out a deep breath and shook her head.

"This is just ridiculous." Josh and Maya both glanced at Riley as she pulled out a chair from a table that was right beside where they were standing, and sat down resting her head on her hand as she put it on the table.

"How's your parents? I heard there was supposed to be a new addition." Josh asked as his face remained emotionless. Maya breathed in deep as she bit her lip to keep from rolling her eyes.

"Fine. Me moving into a dorm gave them room for a nursery. How's the Mrs.?" Maya fired back in a more bitter tone than she anticipated on. Josh looked down at his feet and cleared his throat as he reminded himself that this was Maya and technically she had every right to be mad.

"We're not married yet, Maya." Josh spoke in a softer tone as he looked back up at her with pity in his eyes. Maya knew that look, she hated that look.

"Like that would matter now." She threw in his face making his eyes widen slightly and go back to normal shortly after.

"I fell in love Maya, you can't blame me for that." Josh said as he shook his head while he spoke.

"I don't. I just wish you wouldn't have lead me on like you did." Josh immediately started to feel guilty as his face softened.

"That was never my intentions, Maya. I really did like you." Josh tilted his head at her to try and look at her better. Maya shook her head.

"It's alright Josh, I'm not mad at you. It's me I'm mad at. My whole life men would tell me that they were there for  me and then shortly after they would leave me. I should have never let my heart think that you were any different." Maya had so much anger and hurt in her voice. Josh opened his mouth to say something but Riley beat him to it.

"Maya, we should go. Lucas wants us to meet him and the guys at their dorm." Riley said as she stood up with her phone in her hand, text message on the screen.

"I'm sorry, Maya. I'll talk to you later Riley." Josh spoke quickly as he tilted his head at them and then walked away without another word. Riley rested her hand on Maya's shoulder.

"Are you ok, peaches?" Maya shook her head and gave a slight chuckle.

"Out of all the people on campus to run into it just had to be him." Maya closed her eyes really tight to keep the tears at bay while Riley rubbed her shoulder.

"What are you gonna do?" Riley asked as she dropped her hand by her side. Maya put a cold distant look on her face and shook her head.

"I'm gonna do what I always do. Me and you against the world, right?" Maya asked slightly smiling. Riley sighs and puts a fake smile on her face.

"Right." They high five and link arms together walking towards the boys dorms.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry it's a little short, I'm kind of in a rush this morning! Let me know what you think! ❤️