Oops

I know I'm late and I'm super sorry but my new story Betrothed is up so please go check it out.
____________________________
"Wait so let me get this straight. Lucas is planning on proposing to Riley?" Farkle asked as he was sitting on his bed and and Simon was throwing a football up and down on his back while laying on his bed. Maya was pacing back and forth.

"I know! I can't believe Lucas would do this! They're only eighteen and in their first year of college. This is insane!" Maya complained.

"This sounds like a problem that is within your friend group so I'm gonna go. Besides, Maya's starting to create a draft and I get cold easily." Simon joked as Maya glared at him before he left the room. Farkle sighed.

"Have you told Riley about this?" He asked. Maya shook her head.

"I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should tell Riley that Lucas is planning this or not. Farkle you know Riley as well as I do so you know she'll say yes!" Maya's voice got higher and higher. Farkle got up and grabbed Maya's hands to keep her from pacing anymore.

"Maya, relax alright. We know that Lucas isn't going to do anything to hurt Riley intentionally." Farkle tried to reason. Maya sighed as she ran a hand though her hair.

"He wants to propose to her during thanksgiving break and I guess have her spend the holidays with his family during Christmas. Farkle, this is going to cause such a riot with Riley's family that we both know what could happen to Lucas and Riley." Maya told him.

"It sounds like we need to just let Lucas propose and then depending on Riley's answer then we talk to them." Maya went to protest but Farkle gave her a look which told her that she knew he was right.

"Fine. But I don't like this." Maya said. Farkle smiled and nodded his head.

"I know. In the mean time we don't say anything else to anyone because this is Lucas and Riley's business. Especially to Josh." Farkle said. Maya rolled her eyes. Like she was going to tell him that Riley and Lucas might get engaged.

"There was a reason I came to you and not Josh, Farkle. I'm not stupid." She said. Farkle smiled before grabbing her bag and giving it to her. Maya looked at him. "Are you kicking me out?" She asked shocked but yet amused. Farkle gently pushed her out into the hallway.

"Yep." He said smiling as he shut the door in her face. Maya chuckled shocked.

"Farkle!" She exclaimed.

"Love you!" She faintly heard behind the door. She shook her head before turning around. Her smile faded though when she saw Josh.

"Hi." He said awkwardly. Maya he's tirades before giving him a small smile in return.

"Hey." She replied slowly. Josh shoved his hands in his pocket before biting his lip and clearing his throat.

"Do you um... Do you want to go get some coffee?" He asked her. "My treat." Maya hesitated with her answer. They may be okay with one another at the moment but that didn't make it any less awkward. "Friends get coffee, ya know?" He said causing Maya to slowly nod her head.

"Yeah, they do." She said. She could see the hope in Josh's eyes. "Um... Yeah. I have a few minutes." She told him. Josh smiled before motioning her to go in front of him with his hand.

"After you." He said. Maya nodded her head and walked slowly in front of him.
~
"So... How's it going?" Josh asked her causing her to chuckle.

"We just saw each other about 24 hours ago." Maya told him. Josh smirked.

"So you've been counting." He teased. Maya scoffed as she rubbed the rim of her coffee cup in circles with the tip of her finger.

"So... Shawn's tells me that you're going off to Virginia after you graduate." Maya said as she looked up at Josh. Josh snapped his head up and narrowed his eyebrows at her.

"What?" He asked causing Maya to nod.

"Said that you'll be spending some time down at Quantico for training to become an FBI agent down in California." She told him. Realization came on Josh's face as he nodded his head. "Sounds like a cool job." She told him.

"I got offered a job down in California to be apart of the FBI. After I graduate I would be spending six months down at Quantico training and then afterwards I would move to California to start the job." He told her. Maya nodded her head as she listened to her talk. "It's something I've been considering, yes. But it's not a for sure thing." Maya looked up at him and slightly smiled.

"FBI. It's all you've ever wanted." She told him. Josh nodded his head.

"It could still happen. It doesn't have to be this quick. I probably wouldn't go if there was something or someone keeping me here in New York." He admitted still keeping his gaze on her. Maya swallowed hard as she looked back up at him. No matter what her feelings were for him, she couldn't keep him back from his dream. "Listen Maya, I've been thinking a lot about u-"

"Lucas is planning on proposing to Riley!" Maya cut him off. Josh's eyes widened and so did hers. She could not believe she just blurted that out. She heard Josh starting to speak and she panicked.

"He's what?!" He asked/yelled. Maya cringed. She knew that tone of voice. Josh hasn't always been the most protective of Riley, but when it came to common sense and maturity in decisions, he could turn into this Josh.

"Yeah but I'm handling it so there really is no reason for you to- Josh!" Maya cut herself off as she watched him get up and walk in the direction to Lucas's dorm. Maya silently cursed under her breath as she got up to follow him. On her way she saw Farkle who had wide eyes as he had obviously listened in on their conversation.

"What did you do?" He asked her. Maya smiled awkwardly and shrugged her shoulders.

"Oops." She said. Farkle rolled his eyes as he started to follow Josh with Maya behind him.
_______________________________