Simon's Surprise

Thank you all for reading and commenting on my stories. I hope you guys enjoy this!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya walked through campus with a smile on her face. She was running through her conversation with Mr. Peterson in her head. She couldn't believe that Linda Collins was impressed with her work and was wanting to take her on as a student. She couldn't wait to tell Simon, he was the only one in her friend group that would actually understand how exciting Linda Collins was.

Maya wondered which piece of her work that Linda was most impressed with. Mr. Peterson never mentioned anything about which piece he sent off for her to look at. This caused Maya a lot of anxiety, she wasn't sure what Linda's expectations were of her.

"Why so smiley? I thought that was Riley's thing." Josh grinned at her as he came up to her as Maya passed the taco truck that was on campus. "Besides, I've never seen you pass the taco truck without stopping for tacos." Josh commented. Maya beamed up at him.

"Josh, the most amazing thing happened to me just now. I cant even process it right now. In fact, tacos are the last thing on my mind right now." Maya stated. Josh gave her a look.

"Are they though?" He asked her as he took a taco from behind his back and held it in front of her face. Maya stared at it.

"Well it was." She stated before she grabbed it and started unwrapping it. Josh stared at her amused as Maya took a big bite out of it. She moaned. "Josh, you know me so well. The perfect snack for the perfect day." Josh chuckled at her as he folded his arms.

"So whats this most amazing thing that's happened to you?" He asked. Maya finished off the taco as Josh raised an eyebrow as she threw the wrapper away. He had never seen anyone finished off a taco as fast as she does.

"I just had a meeting with my art teacher, and he said that he sent off my work to, you'll never believe this, Linda Collins!" Maya exclaimed. Josh smiled at her but didnt say anything. It was obvious that he had no idea who Linda Collins was, and what exactly it mean to Maya.

"That's great, Maya!" Josh exclaimed, nodding his head. Maya laughed and shook her head.

"You have no idea who I'm talking about." She stated. Josh shook his head.

"Not a clue." Maya rolled her eyes.

"Linda Collins is-"

"Linda Collins?" Josh and Maya turned to see Simon staring at them. "What about Linda Collins?" He asked. Maya beamed at him as she turned to look at him fully.

"Mr. Peterson sent some of my art off and now I might be getting private lessons form her next year!" She exclaimed. Simon gave her the reaction that she expected.

"Maya, that's incredible!" Simon exclaimed as he bent down to hug her and picked her up off her feet. Maya hugged her back just as tight, leaving Josh there feeling awkward.

"Someone going to tell me who Linda Collins is?" He asked. Maya and Simon pulled apart Maya cleared her throat.

"Sorry." She said. "Linda Collins is a famous artist who owns the biggest arm Museum in Chicago. She might be coming next year to give me private lessons in my art which could open up a world of opportunities for me!" Maya explained. Josh seemed to have a new understanding as his eyes went wide and his smile grew huge.

"Maya, that's amazing!" He exclaimed as he leaned in to hug her.

"Thanks, Josh." Maya replied as she hugged him tight. She let go of him and smiled before turning back to Simon. "Why aren't you in your class?" Maya asked him, remembering that he had one last class of the day. Simon smiled at her.