Project part 2

Sorry for the long wait! Here you go!
________________________
"When Mr. Peterson asked us to paint something about our lives I could not for the life of me thing of a good idea. Until a really good friend inspired me to paint about something that had meaning to it. When I was a freshman here at NYU I made a lot of mistakes, hurt a lot of people, made some enemies. For the past year now I have been trying to make up for that and hoping that someone here would give me a chance to see the real me. Lucky for me this year I met a friend who doesn't care about what my past is and what I have done. She cares about who I am today as a person and that I have changed. I've only known her for about a week now and she is already becoming one of by best friends. To her I owe this painting." Simon said in art class the next day. He looked directly at Maya as he showed his painting off to the class. Maya smiled as she took in what he had painted. (I can't really think of a picture so y'all can use your imaginations as to what you think Simon would paint.) it was beautiful. "Sorry it's short Mr. Peterson, I'm not really a sappy kind of guy." Simon spoke to his teacher. Jason smiled at him.

"First of all it's Jason when the school board isn't around and secondly, good work Simon. A plus." Jason spoke making Simon smile as he put his took his paining and sat back down in his seat beside Maya.

"You know. The thought just accrued to me that when we see artist paintings and we judge rather they're good or not, we don't ever stop to think what the story behind the paining is." Maya stated as she gave Simon an awestruck look.

"So?" He shrugged not really getting what she was saying.

"So, sometimes the story makes the paining ten times better." Simon knew what she was saying but he decided to tease her instead.

"Are you trying to tell me that I'm not a good painter?" He asked making Maya laugh and roll her eyes.

"Alright guys! We talked a little bit about this last week. I want you guys paring up into partners and really getting to know each other. Because your next assignment is to paint a picture about what you see in each other. Class dismissed." Jason spoke as he grabbed his things and started putting it in his bag.

Maya and Simon got up getting their things together and walking out of class together like always.

"That was really sweet." Maya said as they continued walking to Simons dorm.

"What was?" Simon asked playing dumb making Maya roll her eyes.

"The painting stupid. It was very sweet." Simon gave her a playful look.

"Who said it was for you?" Maya gently pushed him into a table near by making his bust out laughing.

"Whoa." He said as he immediately stopped what he was doing and looked at the view in front of him.

Josh was sitting with Adrianna at a table by Starbucks and they were holding hands while she was leaning in and obviously whispering not so PG things in his ear.

"Why'd you stop?" Maya asked confused as she tried to look at what Simon was looking at.

"Uh hey, Maya. Maybe we should just go to your dorm and study." Simon said knowing that her dorm was on the other side of Starbucks so they wouldn't have to pass Josh to get there.

"Why? Was there an explosion or something." Maya teased poking him in the stomach. Simon nervously laughed.

"You know what my room is so messy and I just don't think it's good to take a lady in there." Simon tried to play it cool but Maya laughed not buying it.

"Please. Farkle is the cleanest person I know and you told me you hate clutter. I bet you two have the cleanest dorm in the whole college." Maya said as she turned around ignoring Simons protests. "Oh." She said as she saw Josh and Adrianna together. Simon bit his lip and grabbed onto her hand.

"I'm sorry. I tried to get you away before you had to see it." Simon spoke apologetically. Maya bit her lip ignoring the burning feeling in the pit of her stomach. Maya shook her head and turned around putting a fake smile on her face.

"Doesn't matter. Josh loves Adrianna not me and he has made that very clear." She spoke bitterly making Simon look at her sadly.

"Maya-" he tried but Maya cut him off.

"It's fine really. Common lets go work on math!" Maya exclaimed as she pulled him with her to his dorm.
~
"Joshy I just don't understand why I can't stay with you while I'm here visiting." Adrianna said as she traced her finger along his bicep.

"Adrianna he have already been over this. The school wouldn't exactly like it if I had a girl in my room and plus I don't think Andrew would appreciate it." Josh rolled his eyes at his girlfriends stubbornness. Adrianna put a pout on her face.

"But the hotel is so lonely and I don't have any company. Maybe you could come stay with me?" Adrianna smirked as she poked out her bottom lip. Josh looked at her for a minute before sighing.

"Baby, not that I'm not happy you're here, but why are you here?" Josh asked annoyed at Farkle for putting this together.

"The scrawny nerd boy told me that you were in desperate need of my company." Adrianna smiled as she leaned in and kissed his cheek making Josh lean away from her. Adrianna widened her eyes and looked at him shocked.

"First of all his name if Farkle and secondly, we are on campus you can't be doing stuff like that." Josh snapped at her making her get mad.

"Look Josh, as long as I have this on my hand." Adrianna put up her left hand showing the ring on her finger. "Then I can do whatever the heck I want to you." She finished forcibly grabbing Josh's hand and bringing it to her. Josh rolled his eyes as he sighed and looked at the table. "Boy did she move on fast." Adrianna spoke up as she spotted Maya with Simon. Josh looked up ad followed her gaze to where Maya was pulling Simon to his dorm room making Josh immediately get mad. Josh pulled his hand away from Adrianna's with a jerk making her give him the worst look.

"Look Adrianna I have a lot of school work I got to do. So you should probably just head on back to your hotel." Josh said as he started to pack up his book bag. Adrianna opened her mouth to protest when her phone went off. She grabbed it annoyingly and looked at who had texted her. Her facial expression turned from angry to smiling in a matter of seconds.

"Okay that's fine. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." Adrianna said as she got her things and stood up from the table. Josh gave her a weird look but shrugged it off betting it was nothing. Adrianna leaned down to give Josh a kiss but Josh moved his face to the side so she would get his cheek instead. Adrianna leaned back up and gave him a glare. "I don't know what your problem is Josh but you better fix it before I get back tomorrow!" And with that she flung her purse over her shoulder and marched off the campus.

Josh sighed and ran a hand through his hair making a mental note to himself to kill Farkle later when he sees him.
___________________________
Hope you enjoyed it!