The Party

Hey everyone! Hope you guys enjoy this next chapter!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The end of year party was in full swing. There wasn't just Freshman and Sophomores, but the Juniors and Seniors had all come to hang out as well. Graduation was just around the corner with only a week left to go, and as far as Maya could tell, some of the senior guys had actually gotten pretty emotional about it when they had walked into the party and realized that it was their last one.

Everyone was scattered somewhere. Riley was talking to some of the sorority girls by the snack table, laughing at some of the horrible jokes they were making; Farkle was talking to a couple of the other Freshman about next years classes he was taking; Zay was in full party mode as he was dancing with a few older girls from Junior year; and Lucas was standing in the corner just watching everyone with a drink in his hand. I was obvious that he was way out of his comfort zone.

Maya just laughed as she watched Zay start breakdancing while people made a circle around him and cheered him on. It had been a while since they were all able to wound down and have a good time.

"Hide me." Simon rushed over to Maya and crouched down behind her. Maya looked down at him and stared as if he were crazy.

"What are you doing?" She asked him with slight humor in her voice.

"Because Macy is looking for me. I've been lucky the past three years to be able to successfully avoid her, but now that we're both going into our senior year she apparently had it made up in her mind that she needs to be more aggressive about it. She's been following me all week." Simon told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Don't you think you're being a little ridiculous? If you don't like her then you should tell her." Maya told him.

"I tried that. Back in Freshman year I told her that I didn't have feelings for her. She completely ignored me! Told me that she believed we were destined to be together even if I didn't. When it came out that we were dating earlier this year, her roommate told me that she had gotten a picture of you and put it up on her dart board and through darts at it. I'm telling you, Maya. She's crazy!"

Maya frowned as she watched Macy approach some of the guests at the party and talk to them. It was obvious she was asking them if they had seen Simon, because they would stop and look around the room. It was fine, until one of the guys pointed at Maya and said something to her, causing her attention to be focused on Maya.

"Um, I think she might be on her way over here." Maya told him.

"Shit!" Simon cursed just loud enough for Maya to hear before he dove under the table that was beside them and pulled the table cloth down so he was out of sight. Maya did her best to look casual as Macy made her way over to her.

"Hey Maya." She said with an obvious fake sweetness to her tone. "Have you seen Simon anywhere?" She asked. Maya shook her head and smiled at her.

"Nope, sorry. I don't think he was wanting to come tonight. He wasn't feeling well earlier." Maya lied smoothly. Macy's face seemed to fall at that news.

"Oh, well if you see him will you tell him I'm looking for him?" She asked. Maya nodded.

"You bet." Macy nodded her head and then walked away. Maya watched her leave the room and cleared her throat.

"You're good." She told him. Simon came out from under the table and brushed his clothes off.

"One more year, just one more year." Simon mumbled to himself. Maya stifled a laugh as she shook her head at him.

"You better go, Romeo. Before she comes back." Simon gave her a slight glare before he started heading off towards the exit, ignoring the guys calling toward him that Macy was looking for him.

"Cool party." Maya looked over to see Josh. He had walked over and leaned casually against the wall that Maya was standing beside. Maya shrugged her shoulders.

"It was all Zay's idea." She admitted. Josh smiled.

"I heard you had a part as well. It's nice to see that some things don't change." He grinned. Maya rolled her eyes and nudged his shoulder with hers.

"Whatever, this time you sought me out." She joked.

"So what time are we leaving tomorrow?" Josh asked her, changing the subject so quickly that Maya was a little off guard.

"What?" She asked him. Josh glanced at her before he averted his gaze back on a particular situation between two guys over in the corner.

"The meeting with your dad. You didn't forget, did you?" He asked her. No. Maya hadn't forgotten, she just didn't think that Josh was still going to go with her.

"No, of course I haven't." She stated.

"You just didn't think I was still going." He confirmed. Maya didn't say anything. Josh chuckled. "I made a promise, Maya. And I never break my promises." He said. Maya followed his gaze to the two guys in the corner, who were in each other's faces and didn't seem to be going so well.

"So you still want to go?" She asked him, slightly shocked.

"Of course. I don't think that's a situation that you should have to go through by yourself. I told you I was going to be there, and I will. I just need to know what time we're leaving." Maya smiled at him. She leaned back to the wall, just standing beside Josh.

"Will you let me drive?" She asked him with a smirk. Josh grinned before shaking his head.

"It's funny, I'm about to join the FBI and yet, you're the one that's going to kill me." Maya nudged his shoulder again as his joke. "We should probably get out of the way before we get crushed." He said suddenly. Maya looked at him confused.

"What-" but before Maya could ask, Josh had grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the wall and table just in time for a guy to come landing on the table and smashing it, falling right where Maya would have been.

Maya gasped as Josh pulled her into his arms, against his chest and turned around so that her body was shielded by his. It seemed like the little altercation in the corner of the room had taken a sour turn. That's probably why Josh was watching it, he was waiting for something to happen.

"You okay?" Josh's voice cut her out of her trance. Maya looked up at him and slightly blushed as she realized they were still holding on to each other. They broke away awkwardly and Maya smiled up at him.

"Thanks." She told him as they moved further out of the way so that some of the other guys and teachers, who had just come in with all the commotion, to start pulling the two boys off of each other. Maya watched as Josh watched the fight, his eyes roaming around the room until they landed on Riley, and his shoulders relaxing the tension in them when he realized that she was okay. "Noon." She spoke.

Josh snapped his gaze back at her in and looked at her with slight confusion.

"We leave at noon." She clarified. Josh smiled slightly and nodded his head.

"See you then, Gorgeous." And he placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezed it, and then walked away.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading. Hope you guys enjoyed.