Apologies and warnings

Happy 4th everyone! Enjoy! ❤️
----------------------------------------------
"Maya, can we talk?" Riley asked as Maya came through the door and put her stuff down on her bed. Maya sighed as she looked up at Riley and nodded her head. "Maya I'm so sorry. You were right me and the guys should have never gotten into yours and uncle Josh's business." Riley pleaded with her as she stood in front of Maya nervously playing with her hands. Maya smiled.

"It's ok Riley. You guys were just trying to help me and I appreciate that. It's just hard having to see him everyday and know that he's with another woman. Especially one that he's about to get married to." Maya looked down at he feet with a sad smile on her face. Riley gave her a look and hugged her.

"I'm sorry my uncle is such a jerk peaches." Maya laughed and shook her head.

"He's not a jerk he's just in love." Maya stated as she pulled away from Riley and started to put her stuff away.

"Yeah, with you. He just doesn't know it yet." Riley said as Maya gave her a look. Riley put her hands up in surrender and sighed as she sat on her bed. "Just saying."

"I'm sorry too." Maya said as she sat beside Riley on her bed. Riley gave her a confused look.

"Why are you sorry? I was the one that pushed you to do something that you weren't ready for." Maya shook her head.

"I shouldn't have freaked out the way I did. I didn't mean any of it I was just upset."

"So we're good?" Riley asked as she opened her arms out for a hug. Maya smiled and hugged her back.

"We're good." She stated as her and Riley smiled huge.

"So, now that that's out of the way. What's going on between you and Simon Walkers?" Riley asked as she smirked at Maya. Maya blushed a deep red and widened her eyes in shock.

"How do you know about that?" Maya asked shocked as she pulled back slightly from Riley.

"Maya it's all over campus! Apparently he's a big deal here at NYU." Riley said as she smiled even bigger at Maya's reaction. "And uncle Josh isn't happy about it." She finished. Maya thought that if Riley smiled any bigger her face would fall off.

"What do you mean Josh isn't happy about it?" Maya asked curious. Riley rolled her eyes.

"I mean when Josh told me about him the other night he had some major bitterness in his voice. He does not want you hanging out with him." Riley said as she sat on her bed and leaned back on the pillows.

"Well to bad. Simon is a great guy and he loves art just like I do. I'm hoping to become closer with him as the year goes by. He may be my ticket to forgetting about Josh." Maya said as she smiled at the thought of finally moving on. Any smile that was on Riley's face was gone now. Riley sat up on her bed and gave Maya a look.

"Um Maya, I know that you want so badly to get over Josh but you don't even know this guy that well. Uncle Josh says he isn't the best influence for you to be around." Riley said as she started to get co concerned. Maya gave her a confused look.

"You weren't complaining a minute ago." Maya said as she sat down at her desk and started on her school work.

"Well that was before I knew you were planning on using him to get over Josh. Anything can come from that, Maya. I just want you to be careful."

"I promise Riley I will. I'm not gonna let Simon in that easily I leaned that lesson the hard way through Josh. I won't make that mistake again." Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door. Riley snapped her head over to it and got up to open it. When she saw who was on the other side she gave a shocked expression and turned forwards Maya.

"Riley can I have a minute alone with Maya please?" Josh asked as he gestured his hand at Maya. Riley gave Maya a look asking if she was ok and Maya reluctantly nodded her head.

"I'm gonna go get some coffee." And with that Riley was out the door leaving Maya and Josh alone.

"Can we talk?" He asked her with pleading eyes. Maya sighed and closed her books.

"Might as well. I didn't think you came in here to play red rover." Maya said sarcastically with attitude. Josh closed his eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm him self down.

"I saw you with Simon Walkers today. In fact, a lot of people saw you with Simon Walkers today." Josh said as he knocked on Riley's desk with his knuckles.

"So?" Maya shrugged as she sat lazily back on her chair. Josh chuckled bitterly.

"You do know he's a junior right? And that he has a reputation with girls. You do know this stuff right Maya?" Josh asked as he snapped his head towards her. Maya shook her head.

"We just met a couple of days ago." Maya said with a board look on her face not believing a word that Josh says.

"Then why the hell are you letting him kiss your cheek." Josh said in a deathly tone making Maya shiver. Maya widened her eyes in shock at Josh's language. She had never heard him curse before. Although Riley's says he only does it when he's extremely angry.

"Why does it matter to you." Maya retorted back in a even more deadlier tone. Josh banged his hand on Riley's desk making Maya jump in shock.

"Because Maya I care about you! So much that I don't want to see you getting hurt by this guy!" Josh raised his voice making Maya glare at him.

"Get out of my room. Get out of my room and stay out of my life!" Maya yelled at him as she got out of her chair.

"Maya-" Joh tried a little softer this time but Maya shook her head.

"No! I will not be talked to like that in my own room! You have up every right to care about me the moment you walked out of my life and I don't want to have anything to do with you ever again! If I want to hang out with Simon Walkers then I'm going to hang out with Simon Walkers and there isn't anything you at anyone else can do about it! Now go back to your room, finish up your senior year, graduate, get married and have a nice life because I can promise you that I won't be in it!" Maya finished her rant and was on the brink of tears. Josh didn't move or say a word he just stood there glaring at Maya. "Go!" She yelled again pointing to the door. Josh bit his tongue, turned around and slammed the door behind him. Maya grabbed one of her books and threw it at the door letting out a frustrated scream.
~
"I though you had class?" Andrew asked as Josh rushed into the room and   Angrily plopped down on his bed.

"I skipped." He said simply as he grabbed a book by his bed and opened it up pretending to read to try and get his mind off of what just happened. Andrew rolled his eyes and went back to studding.
----------------------------------------------
Well there's chapter nine! Love y'all ❤️